TEN Copper Day!!! 7 Colonial and 3 Large Cents!!!!Best Coin Day Ever!!!

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Well, I decided to take today off to go digging..it's my birthday.. and we hit the jackpot!! Dug 9 out of 10 of the coppers within 45 minutes of finding the spot! Slowed down and really pounded it for another 4 or 5 hours and got another colonial copper and a few more buttons. One dandy, 5 plain flats and one small cuff button with an eagle on it I have not identified yet. This is by far my best coin day in 20 years... Two of the coppers are a 1770 and 1780 George III and I am trying to clean the others to ID but some of them are pretty far gone. I'll post more picture after I clean and wax them..

I need to clearify.. "we" dug 10.. I found 8 and Pitdigger dug the others.. I didn't want to get credit for all Ten..
Just the 8 I dug!! ;-) I was a bit crazy there for a few minutes with a copper coming out every couple of minutes.. then it slowed down.. a day I will never forget!!
Thanks for looking..

I dry brushed them and hit them with a light coat of wax. The Georges are as I listed above, also the is what appears to be a 1797 Draped Bust but I can just make out the last part of the date and a 1818 Matron head. One of the other 4 has a little design that matches up with a 1773 Virginia Half Penny and two other are the same size and weigh as it.. the last is larger, about the same as the draped Bust but pretty much featureless.
MonkeyBoy

Attachments

• coins_2.jpg
    coins_2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,041
  • coins_1.jpg
    coins_1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,049
  • coins_3.jpg
    coins_3.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,056
  • buttons.jpg
    buttons.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,044
Upvote 0

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Happy Birthday....old finds are always good finds.

pitdiggers

Feb 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Shadow X5, Tesoro Cibola, Minelab XTerra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry my post is a little delayed but boy was it a blast digging my first colonial copper while watching you dig 8! What a day. Happy Birthday Monkeyboy. Once this move is over we will start ponding the dirt. 8 colonials in a day should certainly be banner material. especially since it was your bday.

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KKC definitely knows how you feel. We dug 13 in about 45 minutes in April. We actually left the site early since our excitement was so high, so I don't know how many we would have ended up with if we stayed longer. :dontknow:

You must hit that site some more! Share the finds! :notworthy: :headbang:

Kirk

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
KKC definitely knows how you feel. We dug 13 in about 45 minutes in April. We actually left the site early since our excitement was so high, so I don't know how many we would have ended up with if we stayed longer. :dontknow:

Kirk

Sounds like KKC gets a little too excited! ;D

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Kirk PA said:

Kirk

I plan to hit it a few more time.. the second trip out only gave up one flat button and nothing else... odd place..all the coins in one smallish area and not much else... I already set a personal record.. 8 coppers in on trip... so.. I'm happy.. it being my birthday was just icing on the cake ;-) Having my digging buddy there was the added bonus.. always tens times better to share something like that then out alone!!

MB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread