VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Hartsville battlefield/U.S. camp is the hardest hunted Civil War site in middle Tennessee. Our late friend Mr. Taylor let everyone who asked permission hunt for relics there since the mid-1960s. That small site has been searched by literally hundreds of relic hunters.
Sometimes, you just need to return to where it all started. In 1995, I dug my first bullet there and even though I knew that little was left to recover, yesterday I went back to the spot again with the F75 in hand this time not expecting to find much. The remaining relics were deep. I was surprised to dig a small civilian iron spur probably used by Col. John Hunt Morgan’s Confederate Cavalry forces. This is meaningful to me because I had two ancestors who rode with the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] TN C.S.A. Cavalry who fought in that battle with Morgan. See the first pic to see my 9-23 finds. The conical bullet is a .54 Burnside carbine.
I returned this morning (9-24) and Tenn. Josh came directly from work and joined me for about an hour and a half. This was Josh’s first opportunity to hunt that historic site. He found many pieces of deep campfire lead, a fired Enfield bullet, fired pistol ball, and a nice carved nipple protector. I dug 2 dropped .58 cal. bullets, fired pistol ball, and a few iron relics. Josh took his relics with him so only my relics are shown in the last pic.
Not our best day but not bad as the relics there in that historic site are few and far between anymore. HH from Josh & Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN1231.JPG
    DSCN1231.JPG
    478.2 KB · Views: 250
  • DSCN1235.JPG
    DSCN1235.JPG
    1,021.6 KB · Views: 159
Upvote 6

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always enjoy the challenge of going into a pounded site and pulling something out that others (usually me) have missed. Good job Q.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had I walked away with the finds you posted, from a site that is "hunted out" I would be walking away with my head held high and my chest puffing out a bit. I would have a great sense of pride and satisfaction knowing I was skillful enough to pull some wonderful keepers from that spot. Job well done.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you men are finding something over there in middle tennessee. Not much left here in Chattanooga to find. Its about all gone. But what fond memories we have ! There was a farm in Decherd .....oh well ....wont tell that story here.....

Thanks RD66. I actually heard about that camp. That one was before my hunting time. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Quindy , enjoyed your old stomping grounds hunt . Goes to show time and time again , seek and ye shall find ,, " Never hunted out " .

:icon_scratch: That's right ..... I heard you , everyone has to be aware of those meanass rattler snakes out there 8-)

Thanks Dawg. I have never run into one but Dman did & he won't forget it. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This weather is getting everyone excited about hunting, ain't it! The snake are running for cover and the cotton fields are being harvested! Woop! WTG on the hard to find relics, Q! You know how to find 'em..
Nana :hello:
Nanners, fall is nearly here. I can smell the odor of relics in the air-smells like VICTORY-LOL. I do know where tpo look there-spent many hours there early on. Found these there today. HH, Q.

Attachments

• DSCN1240.JPG
    DSCN1240.JPG
    254.2 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had I walked away with the finds you posted, from a site that is "hunted out" I would be walking away with my head held high and my chest puffing out a bit. I would have a great sense of pride and satisfaction knowing I was skillful enough to pull some wonderful keepers from that spot. Job well done.
Knowing thew camp layout is the key Beez. Spent many hours there. People have "seen" or felt odd things there. I have been there at twilight and hoped to but never have. I was going to ask "them" where to locate their other camps-LOL. HH, Q.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your posts are always entertaining Mr. Q. My brother in law told me an interesting story about a possible Confederate hospital while I was in Ky this past week. Says he is trying to get us permission. He says a Confederate buckle was plowed up in the garden at this site. I'd like to put the info you provide in your threads to use in a hunt myself. Thanks for letting us take a peek at your methods and the results.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your posts are always entertaining Mr. Q. My brother in law told me an interesting story about a possible Confederate hospital while I was in Ky this past week. Says he is trying to get us permission. He says a Confederate buckle was plowed up in the garden at this site. I'd like to put the info you provide in your threads to use in a hunt myself. Thanks for letting us take a peek at your methods and the results.
Thanks OD. Based upon your results this summer, I don't think you need help from anyone. The Hartsville site is close to home and , as Tenn. digger said, was considered hunted out long before I began hunting in 1995. I know some of the earlier hunters used surplus WW@ mine sweepers. The F75 is a step better-LOL. HH, Q.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Quindy! It's always nice to start my morning with a video from y'all,whether its uno,dos,or tres of ya. Even as big as that area is and you're still pulling relics out of the ground shows real talent. Great to know the F75 is finding such deep targets too as that is the machine Steve uses and is trying to master. Hoping you find many more targets after the creepy crawlies go to sleep for awhile and you can venture further into wooded areas. Have a good 'un!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Quindy! It's always nice to start my morning with a video from y'all,whether its uno,dos,or tres of ya. Even as big as that area is and you're still pulling relics out of the ground shows real talent. Great to know the F75 is finding such deep targets too as that is the machine Steve uses and is trying to master. Hoping you find many more targets after the creepy crawlies go to sleep for awhile and you can venture further into wooded areas. Have a good 'un!
Thanks Nancy. Steve knows more about the F75 than he thinks. Hunting house sites is NOT the best place for the F75. Separation is needed as the F75 can not "see through" iron or my two machines don't have that ability that I have found. HH, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread