VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I added a few more relics (while Dman was under the weather) to my "transfer box" from the site where I found the saddle shield in December as Dman and I hunted there. When the ground thaws here, Dman and I will hit it again. I need about 6 more good relics to make a decent small walnut display box of finds from that site. In the past, I would ditch the fired bullets and Eagle button backs but now I consider them a part of history too. Civil War Relics get harder to find each year.
Near the end of 2009, I wrote a short article and submitted a pic that Dman had made on one of our 2009 hunts as a token of appreciation to Western and Eastern Treasures for putting us in 3 issues of their fine magazine in 2009. Actually, I had forgotten about it until Modern Miner emailed me a few nights ago and told me that the article was in the current issue. He gets his issue a few days before I do out here in the sticks. I hope you enjoy it and folks with frozen ground, we feel your pain. HH from Tennessee.

Attachments

• Jan. W & E.jpg
    Jan. W & E.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 755
  • SS Field Finds 12-31-09.jpg
    SS Field Finds 12-31-09.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 772
  • Jan. W & E.jpg
    Jan. W & E.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 749
Upvote 0

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
VOL1266-X said:
and folks with frozen ground, we feel your pain. HH from Tennessee.

That is just plain mean :o

Nice finds. Looks like you have a great spot there.
Dan

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very nice finds. Good article

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
oneeye said:
VOL1266-X said:
and folks with frozen ground, we feel your pain. HH from Tennessee.

That is just plain mean :o

Nice finds. Looks like you have a great spot there.
Dan
So far so good Dan. When I said we feel your pain I meant we will not be above freezing until Wednesday with lows in single digits. Ground is frozen hard now. No digging for the next 6-7 days or longer. Thanks for looking and stay warm.
rjw4law said:
very nice finds. Good article
Thanks RJW. I had heard those stories and theories in the article about metal detecting for a long time. Thanks for looking.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to know why it's so dang cold! :dontknow: We don't usually have to fool with temps this low! :-\ I got my W&E, but I haven't opened it yet. Had company till this morning and then shopping all afternoon. I'll have to take a peek and see what you've written up for us. :thumbsup: That display box is going to look great! Happy new year to you and Burt!!!!

Nana :wink:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nana40 said:
I want to know why it's so dang cold! :dontknow: We don't usually have to fool with temps this low! :-\ I got my W&E, but I haven't opened it yet. Had company till this morning and then shopping all afternoon. I'll have to take a peek and see what you've written up for us. :thumbsup: That display box is going to look great! Happy new year to you and Burt!!!!

Nana :wink:
Cold here too Nana for the next 7 days at least. At least, you won't be bothered by snakes down there. Thanks for looking and stay warm Southern Belle!!!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to make a great display. Wish I had a site like that to hunt CW relics. Congrats on your finds and great article.

Burdie

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
4-H said:
Excellent finds.

What is going on with the Vol's boys programs??????

First the football now the Basketball thugs.
4-H, it has been my contention for a long time that when a student gets a scholarship there that they be assigned a "keeper" who remains with them when they are not in class to keep them out of trouble. Sad isn't it? I made it 4 years there without being arrested.....
Thanks for looking Bud.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
rtde3 said:
Nice display!
I just read that article, Good job!
Thanks Rip Tide. Glad you enjoyed the article. Dman and I are currently working on another article on hunting CSA Camps for publication. With this extremely cold weather (unusual for us), we will have plenty of time to complete it. HH.
allen said:
I was happy to find one CW bullet, :thumbsup:
id croak over if I found all of that !! :icon_sunny:
Allen, I have recovered well over 2,000 CW bullets and I NEVER get tired of it. Hang in there Bud and HH.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
4-H said:
Excellent finds.

What is going on with the Vol's boys programs??????

First the football now the Basketball thugs.
4-H, it has been my contention for a long time that when a student gets a scholarship there that they be assigned a "keeper" who remains with them when they are not in class to keep them out of trouble. Sad isn't it? I made it 4 years there without being arrested.....
Thanks for looking Bud.
Yes it is Bud. I am a loyal Vols fan and it's hard for the rest of the country to understand what that entails. Tennessee Volunteer sports fan's are indisputably the most loyal and highly spirited of all of them in my opinion. It's quite embarrassing and very frustrating to see what's become lately with the program. Thank God for Pat.
Nice job on the article too!
Mike

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Burdie said:
Going to make a great display. Wish I had a site like that to hunt CW relics. Congrats on your finds and great article.

Burdie
Thanks Burdie. I would imagine that there are many Indian War U.S. Camps out there. These soldiers used many surplus CW munitions and equipment. You can start an excellent collection of CW relics without ever hunting a period CW site. Good luck and HH.

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
Below freezing is cold? LOL! It was -6 at my house this morning.
Dan

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quindy,
You know I love a good display, and that one looks super. I like the red background you use on yours. Is that felt? :icon_scratch:
I also think some fired bullets add a lot, if not more, to the CW history along with the drops.
Great job and congrats again on the recent W & ET article. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Chris_Odom said:
nice finds those bullets are in really good condition.
Chris, bullets from that general area normally have a nice cream colored patina even though the camp is located on a fairly steep hill. It does not hurt that the area has also been wooded for many years. I have seen bullets on very steep hills where one side is gray and the other side is cream colored due to uneven water action (percolation) in the soil. Thanks for looking and HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions