Tenn. Trio Hunt at Early 1800s Home Site-Part II With More Buttons...

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was a partly cloudy late November morning with a temperature about 52 degrees when the Tennessee Trio met for their weekly hunt. Today we returned to the early 1800s home site that produced Doug’s Texas button, Josh’s 2 half Reales, 1842 LC, and other goodies last week. Our hunt strategy this week was to concentrate on the old home site and expand to locate any out buildings like a barn, smoke house, etc.
Josh had the best find with the old pewter button. We all dug flat buttons and a variety of other relics. We found no trace of any outbuildings. Not a banner day but lots of fun digging with friends and more relics for our collections.
If anyone has any info. on the brass piece resembling a ring with the oak leaf motif or info. on the flat Dickson button with the Philadelphia back mark with gold gilt in the pics, please reply. Enjoy the video and HH from the Trio.
FYI-Doug's Texas button was professionally appraised at $1,000-1,200.

Attachments

• DSCN0154 (562x640).jpg
    DSCN0154 (562x640).jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN0155.JPG
    DSCN0155.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCN0157.JPG
    DSCN0157.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you guys had fun digging flat buttons. I wouldn't write that place off quite yet. I bet there are a couple more good pieces lurking around there.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love digging flat buttons because areas like that generally have some super goodies! Congrats on another fun hunt. (Q, don'tcha think you might need to hint for a Christmas red Relic Rag? LOL) :) Breezie

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Quindy your relic rag is the right color. Nice bunch of relics be curious on the button I.D. It's pouring the rain right now signals will be deep heading to Ga in the morn. Maybe I will be as lucky as the trio. I will have to swing way faster though to keep up with you guys :)
HH
TnMtns

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Steve, it was fun but the house area was apparently restricted to about a 50 yard diameter circle on a rise. We may have missed a few relics but 3 F75s and 5 hours total in that small area with no targets over 6 inches deep greatly reduces the possible good finds. But, as you know well, you just never know. Thanks, Q.

Breezie, as you know, Modern Miner gave Doug and I an orange relic rag towel each and I would not dream of dying mine Alabama Red-LOL. Thanks for replying and HH, Q.

Richard, we are happy with there orange color-LOL too. The old house site is almost hunted out but it was fun while it lasted. Good luck hunting this week. Looking forward to your post. HH from the Trio.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of relics again, guys. Maybe someday I can make a trip out there and join the trio for a few hunts. HH

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Love those finds guys! Finding flat buttons is always fun. Tennessee digger

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds Quindy. I love digging flat buttons. Usually other good relics in area as well. What is the word before Dickson on your flat button?

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt and love the video's. You guys are on a roll. This let me know one thing I got2dig. Keep it going guys. HH

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go fellas! Great finds, great video.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
You never know what might appear on the face of a flat button:icon_thumright:

Keep it up boys..

Blaze

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds as always guys way to go!!!!

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The TN Trio are hitting the boards! Great site and videos, Quindy. After watching Josh dig with that new Predator tool, I must get one now. Middle TN has some Colonial sites waiting for you guys. Oh boy, I remember the one site that you found complete cufflinks. Passion Pumped!

Kirk

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done guys. Keep at it, we need to see another Texas button from that site.
Keep filming more of those live digs from start to finish like the one you did this time of Josh. Awesome!
Thanks Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You never know what might appear on the face of a flat button:icon_thumright:

Keep it up boys..

Blaze

JB, you never know what style button will show up down here as well Bud. HH, Q.

Thanks Matt, Donnie (hope you are over the flu), Randy, G2D, S&C, Richard (Old Stonewall), & OS.

Kirk, that Piranha is a beast and rips right thru roots. As you know, we mainly hunt for CW but this home site was fun while it lasted. I attached the pic of the late 1700s cuff links that you recall. They came from a Gen. Morgan camp and were obviuosly brought from a Confederate Soldiers home. HH, Quindy.

MM, we purposely don't make videos of the digging as it makes the video way too long. We generally want it to be 5 mins. or less as it has been proven that people tend to skip through anything longer than 4-5 mins. We do enjoy making them. In warm weather, Doug's wardrobe attire takes up one minute or so-LOL. HH, Q.

Attachments

• q 2.jpg
    q 2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread