Tenn. Trio Scores More CS Relics-Arrowhead, Another Eagle "I" Button, Spur,etc.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tenn. Trio Scores More CS Relics-Arrowhead, Another Eagle "I" Button, Spur,etc.

I bet most Tnet members think that we relic hunt every day but we don’t. From the first frost in the Fall and before the grass gets too high in Tennessee in the Spring, we typically only hunt once a week. This week was an exception for the Tenn. Trio. Yesterday, Josh could not join us while we hunted during the morning at a C.S.A. Camp. Yesterday afternoon, he went to a different C.S.A. Camp and called us while we were on the way home. That lucky dog found another Eagle “I” button with full gold gilt and “Goddard & Bro/Extra back mark shown in the 2nd pic. That’s 3 Eagle “I” buttons for him in less than 3 weeks-two from CS Camps. He also dug a belt adjuster and gun tool. Dman had the find of the day yesterday for our morning hunt when he eyeballed a nice arrowhead. We both had some bullets too.
Today, the Trio hit the C.S.A. camp that Josh hunted yesterday. The ground was very saturated and we expected to get some deep signals with our F75s. We were not disappointed. We dug deep iron signals if they sounded good. Our combined finds from both days are in the first pic. Josh had the best finds today with the iron spur and gun tools (his 3rd gun tool in 2 days). Dman found a nice ramrod worm and 4 hole underwear button. We scored a few dropped Enfield bullets too. Happy hunting from the trio, Quindy.

Attachments

• March 2 and 3 CSA Cav. Camps.jpg
    March 2 and 3 CSA Cav. Camps.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 637
  • Josh\'s Eagle I, at CSA Camp 3-2-2011.jpg
    Josh\'s Eagle I, at CSA Camp 3-2-2011.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 642
Upvote 0

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tenn. Trio Scores More CS Relics-Arrowhead, Another Eagle "I Button, Spur, etc.

Nice finds! Great button.

Tony (NC)

Dec 3, 2008
Claremont, NC
Re: That piece on the top right.....

Looks like it could be off an Enfield Rifle. That's a pin that held the barrel bands in place. I have an 1853 Enfield that is missing one. Let me know if you would like to part with it. Nice group of finds guys! :headbang:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tenn. Trio Scores More CS Relics-Arrowhead, Another Eagle "I" Button, Spur,etc.

That's some southern style cookin , way to go on the CW relics , Tenn. Trio :headbang: X 3

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tenn. Trio Scores More CS Relics-Arrowhead, Another Eagle "I" Button, Spur,etc.

I really think you guys hunt every day :laughing7:. The soil has been kind to the buttons. What do you think all those Eagle I's are doing in a Confederate camp?
The point from here looks like a hamilton stemmed or possibly a morrow mtn. A nice one at that. Is the field plowed?
I would be after the points while they were exposed :thumbsup:
Nice hunt sir!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Another Riker Box for the Trio :headbang: Off call for the rest of the month Quindy and tommorrow I'm picking up my TDI......Hopefully my old ground will turn into my new ground :thumbsup: Great dig's guy's!!!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Woahhh, That Eagle "I" is just about as good as it gets these days. What a nice relic.

Way to go trio.

Tony (NC)

Dec 3, 2008
Claremont, NC
Re: Here you go Quindy......

Here is one of the pins for an Enfield. When pushed in, the barrel bands could be slid off the end of the rifle.

Attachments

• Enfield Part2.jpg
    Enfield Part2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 578
  • Enfield Part.jpg
    Enfield Part.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 582

rebelrouser

Dec 4, 2008

you three are cooking.went by Dman,s store today and was told he was hunting. could not wait to look on the net tonight to see what you found. real glad for all of you.maybe you can hunt tomorrow .they got storms for sat. they are claming.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's not a bad day of diggin. Like the gun tool, the pig tail worm and the arrowhead. :headbang: Congrats! I've still got to post my stuff from last weekend, maybe I'll get to it this weekend ::) ::) ;D :occasion14:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

That was a fun two days. My shoulder is starting to come around. The more relics I dig the better it gets. ;D. I hope we can hunt some colonial relics next week.
Dman

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

TnMountains said:
I really think you guys hunt every day :laughing7:. The soil has been kind to the buttons. What do you think all those Eagle I's are doing in a Confederate camp?
The point from here looks like a hamilton stemmed or possibly a morrow mtn. A nice one at that. Is the field plowed?
I would be after the points while they were exposed :thumbsup:
Nice hunt sir!
Richard, there are a couple of theories about the Eagle buttons in early Morgan CSA Camps:
1. They are from captured Yankee uniforms. I told Josh that some of the Eagle buttons that the Trio have recovered there could very likely have come from the Yankee Camp at Hartsville that Morgan attacked in Dec. 1862. These are both 1863 (post Stones River) Winter Camps that we are hunting.
2. Many Confederates fought in the Mexican War in 1846 and still had their uniforms.

Thanks for looking and the point was not in a plowed field, Quindy.

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

Pretty soon we'll be calling you guys Tennessee Trio - MD's (master detectorists)... :D

Another fantastic group of finds and that arrowhead is spectacular D. Glad the shoulder is coming around. Don't let Q make you dig all his holes...lol

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Triple "T" strikes again!!!
That "I" button is fantastic, and so is that arrowhead. :thumbsup:

Q-man,
Is that a hoof pick I see? :icon_scratch:

I've yet to find a worm or any tools. :(

Great post guys,
Dug

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice finds Quindy. I love that "I" button. I hope to get out before too long. I found an 1863 map that shows artillery placements, troop lines and where a federal camp is. It is a copy of a hand drawn map by a union soldier overlayed on a more up to date map (early 1960's). I don't know if I will have much time to hunt it before DIV comes up but I am thinking about doing a drive by this weekend and check the area out.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good looking finds ! I would like to do a little Relic hunting this summer for some CW items .

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Tenn. Trio Scores More CS Relics-Arrowhead, Another Eagle "I Button, Spur, etc.

SkyPirate said:
Nice finds! Great button.
Thanks S.P.
Tony (NC) said:
Looks like it could be off an Enfield Rifle. That's a pin that held the barrel bands in place. I have an 1853 Enfield that is missing one. Let me know if you would like to part with it. Nice group of finds guys! :headbang:
Dman found that relic Tony. It will be expensive-LOL. Thanks, Quindy.
CMDiamonddawg said:
That's some southern style cookin , way to go on the CW relics , Tenn. Trio :headbang: X 3
"A force to be reckoned with" you said about the Tenn. Trio Dawg? We appreciated that. HH, Quindy.
civilman1 said:
Another Riker Box for the Trio :headbang: Off call for the rest of the month Quindy and tommorrow I'm picking up my TDI......Hopefully my old ground will turn into my new ground :thumbsup: Great dig's guy's!!!
Good luck Joe. That T.D.I. should pull some deep relics missed previously and I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the results. HH, Q.
Woodland Detectors said:
Woahhh, That Eagle "I" is just about as good as it gets these days. What a nice relic.

Way to go trio.
Thanks Mike. That had more gilt than the big Eagle "C" that he dug last Fall. That's about a dozen or more Eagles, an A.V.C., A CS Block "I", and several flat, flower, and one pewter button (found by Dman) that the Trio has dug in those two CSA Camps. Good luck Bud, Quindy.
rebelrouser said:
you three are cooking.went by Dman,s store today and was told he was hunting. could not wait to look on the net tonight to see what you found. real glad for all of you.maybe you can hunt tomorrow .they got storms for sat. they are claming.
Thanks for looking Don. Go by Dman's store and look at that ramrod worm. Very few are found in that great condition anymore. HH, Quindy.
{Sentinel} said:
That's not a bad day of diggin. Like the gun tool, the pig tail worm and the arrowhead. :headbang: Congrats! I've still got to post my stuff from last weekend, maybe I'll get to it this weekend ::) ::) ;D :occasion14:
Thanks Josh, I know you dug those relics last weekend. Post them soon as we won't be hunting here tomorrow due to 100% rain tomorrow and I'd like to at least see some good relics-LOL. Good luck in VA, Q.
Dman said:
That was a fun two days. My shoulder is starting to come around. The more relics I dig the better it gets. ;D. I hope we can hunt some colonial relics next week.
Dman
No wonder you want to go back to that site where you dug that 1861 half dime and 1807 half Reale just before the grass got too high to hunt last year. O.K., we'll go Colonial one trip. Q.
DD-777 said:
Pretty soon we'll be calling you guys Tennessee Trio - MD's (master detectorists)... :D

Another fantastic group of finds and that arrowhead is spectacular D. Glad the shoulder is coming around. Don't let Q make you dig all his holes...lol
He's getting back to full speed Andy. He'd better as there are 2 upcoming out of state hunts in our immediate future. HH, Quindy.
ModernMiner said:
The Triple "T" strikes again!!!
That "I" button is fantastic, and so is that arrowhead. :thumbsup:

Q-man,
Is that a hoof pick I see? :icon_scratch:

I've yet to find a worm or any tools. :(

Great post guys,
Dug
MM, the horseshoe shaped iron piece is actually a blacksmith made iron spur with the neck broken off. Josh showed it to us and Dman looked ar the holes in the ends and immediately said "spur". Confederate soldiers in that camp had lots of stuff brought from home. Be careful, Q.
treasurehound said:
Nice finds Quindy. I love that "I" button. I hope to get out before too long. I found an 1863 map that shows artillery placements, troop lines and where a federal camp is. It is a copy of a hand drawn map by a union soldier overlayed on a more up to date map (early 1960's). I don't know if I will have much time to hunt it before DIV comes up but I am thinking about doing a drive by this weekend and check the area out.
Thanks Randy. Your site sounds promising. Just check it out and if you and Guy find a few relics, stop, leave, and call the Trio-LOL. HH Buddy, Quindy.
Daedalus said:
Good looking finds ! I would like to do a little Relic hunting this summer for some CW items .
Good luck with that DD. Spring, Fall, and Winter is better unless you find a site with plowed ground or where hay has been cut. Snakes, ticks, heat, and bugs put a damper on hunting fun during the Summer. HH, Quindy.

p-cap

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2009

Nice diggin by the Tenn trio...... Got my new coil in today but it's gonna down pour all weekend I think.. Oh well alwasy time in the future

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'd hunt every day if it were possible. Get out there and dig those fantastic relics every chance you can get. :icon_thumright: GREAT button and LOVE the arrowhead! :notworthy:

Nana~ :wink:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

p-cap said:
Nice diggin by the Tenn trio...... Got my new coil in today but it's gonna down pour all weekend I think.. Oh well alwasy time in the future
Thanks Greg. That arrowhead was in the little field that you hunted with me. You, Josh, and I all missed seeing it but Dman snagged it-LOL. Good luck in GA & VA with the new coil. You sure know how to use the F75 so finding relics will be easier now without the chatter. HH, Quindy.
Nana40 said:
I'd hunt every day if it were possible. Get out there and dig those fantastic relics every chance you can get. :icon_thumright: GREAT button and LOVE the arrowhead! :notworthy:

Nana~ :wink:
I told Doug that you would be proud of him eyeballing that white marble in the same field with the arrowhead as you usually find one and a tax token each trip Nana. Keep your umbrella lose by this weekend. HH, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread