Tennessee Civil War Camp - Bullets, Button, Cansiter Shot, and Campfire Lead

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Vol1266x and I were able to get out between freezing weather, snow, and rain. We made a couple of trips to a U.S. camp and were able to find a few relics. The first picture is of the bullets I found. I noticed after taking the picture that the bullet on the top right had four little notches cut in the bottom of it. All the bullets are .58 caliber except for the round on which is a .69 The second picture is of the campfire lead. The penny is a 1938 I found and used for size comparison. Sometimes soldiers would sit around the fire and throw damaged lead bullets into the fire. The third picture is carved Williams cleaner bullet. It looks like a soldier took his knife and peeled back the bottom ring. The last picture is of the two types of canister shot I found. There are two pieces of lead canister shot and two pieces of iron canister shot. Also there are some buttons I found. The one with the four holes is an underwear button, the other is a flat button. The last is a button back, probably from an Eagle V button. I used the MineLab Explorer SE to find the canister shot. The lead canister shot has a high pitch sound and the iron canister shot has a low pitch solid sound. Thanks for looking.
Dman

Attachments

• DSC01012.JPG
    DSC01012.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,041
  • DSC01013.JPG
    DSC01013.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 1,004
  • DSC01014.JPG
    DSC01014.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 945
  • DSC01015.JPG