Tesoro coils for beach and electrical interferance

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it would make a difference with the DD being the better choice for the coverage and interference. But the concentric might be a might deeper if everything was equal. Trouble is it usually isn't and we have to use what we brought.

OP
OP
R

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
I called tesoro tech support finuring i get someone in the know. They said with electrical interferance thay doubt changing coil size or type would make any difference
at all. And i asked about widescan vs concentric at the beach and got the same answer, in dry sand they said there would probably be no difference. Now if you cant make a a DD that makes a difference in conditions detectorists need why bother making widescan coils at all. Im wondering if he really knows anything about detectors at all.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excuse me.....So you wonder if I know anything about detectors at all.........LOL

What Tesoro told you was partly true and left out that to many hunters use to much sens. with out calling you a beginner. The reason DD or Wide scan coils are mainly used is being better in higher mineralized ground and to cover more area per sweep, hence the name, "Wide scan."

Learn more here http://www.nmhra.netfirms.com/pulltab/ Then you won't have to make phone calls or ask people that don't know anything. :laughing7:

Attachments

• Concentric Coils.jpg
    Concentric Coils.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 223
  • Double-D.jpg
    Double-D.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 222
  • Concentric Coils.jpg
    Concentric Coils.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Double-D.jpg
    Double-D.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 220
OP
OP
R

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
By no means is any of that a dig at you sandman. And thats not saying you are wrong and i was guessing the same thing as you.
I am a beginner but a well thought out inquisitive beginner ;D. But i dont get paid to be a technician on metal detectors 8 hours a day and come up with wishy-washy answers.
Im sorry but he was not at all confident about his answers, kind of like, try what you have then buy another coil and try that, who knows if you will see a difference.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry if I jumped the gun on your remark. The post I thought would show the two pics of the different coils but I had to go back and modify the post to make sure the Pics showed up for you. Do to so many variables involved the Tech guy couldn't nail it down with a set answer for you. It was like asking what is the best deer rifle or best car.

Take Care.

OP
OP
R

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
Not really because i know what the best deer rifle is :icon_thumleft:.
I do know the configuration of the different coils.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread