TESORO COMPADRE - CONFUSED - WANTED TO PURCHASE BUT HAVE QUESTIONS!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the gold nuggets found are very small and shallow here. A PI is less affected by ground mineralization and goes much deeper, allowing people to find the larger deeper nuggets. In my area people have pounded the nugget patches so hard with VLF's, the only option (some believe) is to use a PI (preferably GPX) to find those deeper nuggets that a VLF just can't see
I thought the PI would be affected more by the mineralization? I learned something new, In my mind I figured it was a more sensitive detector so the excess mineralization would make it go nuts.Thank you for the correction, I may have to look in another direction for a secondary machine if the Boss Lady will loosen the purse strings for me. As I have the same problem as you do that the ground has been hit hard where I look for nuggets.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought the PI would be affected more by the mineralization? I learned something new, In my mind I figured it was a more sensitive detector so the excess mineralization would make it go nuts.Thank you for the correction, I may have to look in another direction for a secondary machine if the Boss Lady will loosen the purse strings for me. As I have the same problem as you do that the ground has been hit hard where I look for nuggets.
actually the opposite,they're less sensitive but less affected by ground mineralization.And are know for really good depth,of course thats because they handle ground better.Not small nugget machine,fisher gold bug 2 has that covered.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions