doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro Notch Width Metal Detectors, I know of four.

1.Royal Sabre Plus.
2.Golden Sabre II
3.Golden uMax.
4.Cortes.

How many of you like this discrimination notch width feature, use this feature, and wish Tesoro would bring this back in a new release or added to your current go to detector. Some example possibly the Bandido uMax II, Vaquero, Tejon, Tiger Shark, Outlaw, Silver, or even the Deleon?? Any other Tesoro models you wish this would be of benift to you?

Last edited:

caratunk

Feb 2, 2016
maine
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster, silver u max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
since i just found my detecor at a yrd sale this past wkend and dont know anything about tesoros yet but learning.... ill be watching;];];] i have a little silver u max;];];]

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was and now added the Great Silver uMax, as the Silver has had multiple revisions since it original release.

Last edited:
OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I can say is this I wish I can find a Tesoro at a garage sale for a really good price to add to my arsenal! Well I guess I have to just tell my self ... "Get out there" catch my drift !

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
By the way Tesoro knew it was on track when they made the Silver as I mentioned from it's historical revision.. because it was refined to what u know and use today as a great detector for it's price..especially in your case. Great grab caratunk.

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sand shark is a pulse induction machine and has no discrimination hence no notch.

I have GoldenSabreII and really like it.
I haven't used the notch accept/reject feature very much.
I mostly dig it all as there are plenty of goodies that are easily notched out.
The two tone feature is nice as it gives you the ability to adjust the tone break
and have a rough idea of the target before dogging. Also helps in unmasking
coins hiding among pull tabs.
The notch accept seems like it would be useful in locating a lost item,
assuming you had a similar item to tune the notch to.
Love my newer Tesoros but the older machines still have some nice features
that compliment the arsenal of detectors.

Noah

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the Golden micro Max's notch width feature, but use it more to discern the signal/tone of the target hit. I don't really care much if Tesoro comes out with this feature again in a future release. What I want is the adjustable tone break featured on that Golden saber II/Pantera. Just add a knob with tone break adjust on the OUTLAW or VAQUERO keeping the manual GB and... wow, what a Tesoro that would be!

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Sand Shark does have a Pulse width Notch induction feature on it I noticed, how is this used thanks for indicating the difference updated my post removed 4, but would like to know how this works?

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly don't understand how the notch on tesoros work with the wide/narrow thing lol.
I never looked into it as I don't have any machines that have the option so I can't say what it does or if it helps lol

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my GSII the notch width is fixed. You can only adjust where the notch is located.
On the Cortes the narrow notch accepts a zinc penny and the wide notch rejects a zinc.
With the Golden uMax the narrow/wide ends the same as above but the notch can be expanded down to nickel or lower with the width control. With the notch off the width control adjusts the position of the middle tone break.

Last edited:

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
The Sand Shark does have a Pulse width Notch induction feature on it I noticed, how is this used thanks for indicating the difference updated my post removed 4, but would like to know how this works?

The pulse width on the Sand Shark being a PI machine is about getting more depth it drives the pulse harder. The Sand Shark works well around the 2 or 3 o clock position on the pulse width and gives great performance. The Sand Shark finds everything no discrimination at all. It gets great depth and is at home or works fantastic on Salt Water Beachs with ease. None of the issues found with a VLF detector on Salt Water Sand with the Sand Shark but you will dig.

I love my Sand Shark on Salt Water Beachs. I just wish I had more time to get to the beach areas here in California.

Happy Hunting,
Bill G

Attachments

• IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread