Tesoro Sand shark finds

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Finding so much more with my Sand Shark! I can't imagine how much I missed before I had one.
VCO mode is my best friend. I am so glad I gave Tesoro a chance as my finds have tripled since I made the switch. This has been a great start to a new year and my shark is on top of it! VCO draws you right to the targets even at a unbelievable distance away. I hope my progress continues and I stay on the path of recovering objects daily. PI's are tuff when digging all objects but I'm really getting used to the tones now and am getting a feel for what sounds are what before I dig.
Here are a few new finds that my shark has been bringing in!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130103_195702.png
    ForumRunner_20130103_195702.png
    290.2 KB · Views: 244
  • ForumRunner_20130103_195927.png
    ForumRunner_20130103_195927.png
    299.1 KB · Views: 563
  • ForumRunner_20130103_200013.png
    ForumRunner_20130103_200013.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 241
  • ForumRunner_20130103_200056.png
    ForumRunner_20130103_200056.png
    301 KB · Views: 288
Upvote 0
Here are the settings I hunt in. Copied my buddies and you wouldn't believe me if I told you how much he's found!!

ForumRunner_20130106_155342.png

lost items recovery said:
What state are u in?

Guam. SS arrived today! Ill mimic your settings and head to the beach this weekend. Thanks!

These settings were recommended to me from my hunting buddy who has great success and I as well have had a great experience with. Good luck hunting and show us what you find!

sic sic sic machine - look at da treasure!!!!!!!!! and it is pick up and go - but experienced punters will tell you there is a learning curve to be had if the best is to be achieved with it......

I changed my SS settings to what is shown in the photos and found a gold ring pretty quick!

Nice finds. I use a Sand Shark myself for the last year or so. Found my first bronze ship spike a few weeks back, in an area you wouldn't expect.

Last edited:
lost items recovery said:
These settings were recommended to me from my hunting buddy who has great success and I as well have had a great experience with. Good luck hunting and show us what you find!

Will do.

Wow diggummup! And I thought I had found a tiny village..

Book says the SS should beep as I pass directly over the target. Doesn't happen for me. Any thoughts?

Is it in vco mode or normal -you don't have that switch on 'off' do you? Batteries are in it correctly?

Gives a good high tone on approach but no beep.
Yes, it's on and batteries are installed correctly. :)

The sound you're hearing is the 'beep' the manual speaks of. It is a gradual 'weee' sound, depending on how fast you're moving the coil, and that's after listening to the the constant mosquito-in-your-ear sound.
Too bad its not a 'beep-beep' like the Road-runner. It'd be more pleasant. Haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back