Test Hunt After the Soak!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I was hunting a creek and I was up to my knees when I lost my balance and dropped my F-75 into the water. It was fully submerged and I was expecting the worse. The detector immediately started going ape sh!t so I shut it off and shook it vigorously to get the water out. After about 20 minutes it started functioning at near normal levels. This evening I thought I had better take it out for a test run. I went to to the field where I found the gold half sovereign because the hay had just been cut. Sure enough it was working perfectly! Not many targets but I wasn't expecting many...did score this suspender buckle (at least I think that is what it is).

Attachments

• IMG-20130623-00653.jpg
    IMG-20130623-00653.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 2

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro silver umax, Whites Spectrum XLT
Past: Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ohhh i woulda been scared as hell too! I once had a ipod that i had in a pocket on my shirt and i leant over and it plopped out into a puddle and I panicked, ran home and stored it in rice to 24 hours and then she turned back on :) Nice piece too btw, i like the designs that were put into the vintage items!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably lucky it was a fresh water swim. If you attempt that again you should bag it.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I think I'd stick to the hay field and leave the creeks alone. Dropping my detector in a hay field wouldn't cause me too much grief!

Finding a gold coin in a creek bed would change my mind

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wew I hope it works fine in the future , What you experienced is one of my worst nightmares .I wish that I could afford to get an AT pro for that reason & for hunting in the rain.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Suspender buckle it is.

Cheers,

BB

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably lucky it was a fresh water swim. If you attempt that again you should bag it.

But I would NEVER drop it...which is what I was telling myself right up until I dropped it...

Last edited:

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad she's OK, probably wasn't in for more than a half a second.
I once "threw away" 3 big trout on a stick when I lost footing in ice cold water I didn't plan to let those go either.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find and glad that your' F-75 came out okay! Congrats! Could it be a Key Chain Fob for hanging your' keys on your' belt? Would like to see pics of front and back once it is cleaned up!

Frank

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the nice patina on that suspender clip, looks great as is !CARM

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome that it seems to be working fine! About 6 months after I got my F5 I was hunting my grandparents place and didn't notice a heavy shower creeping up on me. Only took me about 5 minutes to get back to the car but ever since two of my buttons haven't worked and the speaker comes and goes. Thankfully the knobs and the main features all remained decent!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread