Tested out a new hunting partner today.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple weeks ago my wife helped a friend pack for an upcoming move. In return, her friend gave us some things they didn't need any more. One item of interest was a kids metal detector. Now, it's a cheapy National Geographic model, but it fits my 7 year old daughter perfectly. So, the other day my daughter asked if we could go detecting at the beach. I explained that if we were going hunting, it wasn't going to be for 5 minutes like the last time I took her hunting with me. :BangHead:

We went to a beach about 20 minutes away , just in case her short attention span got the best of her and she wanted to quit too soon. I had never been to this beach before and it was a little more crowded than I was expecting. We managed to find a small stretch of sand, about 20x20 of empty sand to hunt. I wasn't expecting much in this area we were hunting so I made sure I brought along some "seeds" to make it interesting for her.

My little angel about to go out the door
beccas1sthunt 001.jpg

First find and subsequent finds
beccas1sthunt 002.jpg
beccas1sthunt 003.jpg
beccas1sthunt 004.jpg
beccas1sthunt 005.jpg

She found 5 coins and a aluminum ring. The nickel was the only keeper I didn't plant
beccas1sthunt 007.jpg

The junk
beccas1sthunt 006.jpg

She lasted for at least 25 minutes and then we spent the rest of the day in the water.

I couldn't have asked for a better day.

Upvote 0

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you've got one cute hunting partner there, the gold should be jumping out of the ground for a smile like that.

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
My daughter got the cheapy National Geographics metal detector a couple of years ago for Christmas from her aunt. It works but not very well (2" depth maximum). She got bored with it pretty quickly but I was hooked. It's actually what got me interested in detecting. Since then I've taken the kids out a couple of times but after about 10 mintues they are ready to go home. I'm glad to hear that you two had a good time.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is how it starts. My grand daughter lasted five minutes and handed the detector back to me saying, "I'm done with this."

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
GOOD Going there kido :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: Guzz

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
What a memory for you both..... she may not be "into" it big time right now but you never know where it will lead when she gets older and starts remembering the great time she had with dad! WTG Willie!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoyed that very much! Get'n mine in the bath right now

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol she has a great smile .....now you wont be able to step out the door by yourself :icon_thumleft: wtg you both are gonna have a ball together

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WTG "dad" Wish my kids would get interested but they want to socialize with their friends...lol. HH and enjoy the family time with your daughter.

Ed :thumbsup:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a great looking hunting partner there hope you guys have plenty more days of hunting together.......Matt

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool!!!

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the great replies everybody. I think the pictures say it all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread