Texas General Land Office maps

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Historically, Texans have turned to the Texas General Land Office for maps and other tools used to organize information about the natural resources this state has to offer. Besides historical maps, research, and data, the land office today uses Geographic Information Systems (GIS), global positioning systems (GPS), and computer-aided design (CAD) systems to compile, analyze, and distribute the most accurate information possible about the location of natural and human-made resources. These tools support the business functions of the General Land Office and serve as critical tools in the study and protection of our state's valued resources.

The Land Office website contains a collection of dynamic interactive mapping websites that give Texans access to the vast collection of spatial data available at the agency.
GIS Maps at the GLO

i was looking around for something and came across this tx map site

i went to this map.... NEW! GISWEB Viewer

snapped this img
tx glo.jpg

clicked the more info in the info box and gave me these pgs so cool i didnt look
at the layer boxs so may be more stuff

Basefile Number Infomation
http://www.glo.texas.gov/ncu/SCANDO...aps/webfiles/landgrants/PDFs/2/3/3/233157.pdf

mapman

Jun 10, 2006
Lakewood, Colorado
Historically, Texans have turned to the Texas General Land Office for maps and other tools used to organize information about the natural resources this state has to offer. Besides historical maps, research, and data, the land office today uses Geographic Information Systems (GIS), global positioning systems (GPS), and computer-aided design (CAD) systems to compile, analyze, and distribute the most accurate information possible about the location of natural and human-made resources. These tools support the business functions of the General Land Office and serve as critical tools in the study and protection of our state's valued resources.

The Land Office website contains a collection of dynamic interactive mapping websites that give Texans access to the vast collection of spatial data available at the agency.
GIS Maps at the GLO

i was looking around for something and came across this tx map site

i went to this map.... NEW! GISWEB Viewer

snapped this img
View attachment 947889

clicked the more info in the info box and gave me these pgs so cool i didnt look
at the layer boxs so may be more stuff

Basefile Number Infomation
http://www.glo.texas.gov/ncu/SCANDO...aps/webfiles/landgrants/PDFs/2/3/3/233157.pdf
Sanborn maps at Overview - Sanborn Maps | Library of Congress and they are in color.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions