Texas Politician Says State is Preparing to Become ‘Independent Nation’

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Texas Politician Says State is Preparing to Become ?Independent Nation? In Case Union ?Falls Apart? | TheBlaze.com

A prominent Texas politician, who is running to be the state’s next Attorney General, said this week his state is actively preparing to secede from the union and become an “independent nation” if the U.S. “falls apart.”

Barry Smitherman, currently the Texas Railroad Commissioner, made the comments in an interview published in World Net Daily (WND) on Monday.

“Generally speaking, we have made great progress in becoming an independent nation, an ‘island nation’ if you will, and I think we want to continue down that path so that if the rest of the country falls apart, Texas can operate as a stand-alone entity with energy, food, water and roads as if we were a closed-loop system,” Smitherman said.
Barry Smitherman

He added that the state is “uniquely situated because we have energy resources, fossil and otherwise, and our own independent electrical grid.”

“This was one of my goals at the Utility Commission and it is one my goals currently as chairman of the Railroad Commission,” Smitherman said. “That’s why I stress so vehemently oil and gas production, permitting turnaround times, and everything that enables the industry to produce as much as it can, as quickly as it can.”

Smitherman added in the interviewthat Texas has “been very strong leading in the charge agains the Obama administration.”

The comments made by Smitherman have since been seized upon by liberal groups. Think Progress published an article covering his remarks on Friday.

Individuals commenting on the Think Progress article appeared happy over the thought of Texas seceding.

“Good. If Texas secedes, the nation will be better and Texas can enjoy it’s sand and heat until the next hurricane hits the gulf, or the next firestorm, or the next tornado — with no help available,” wrote commenter Marie Harris.

“Texas secession would guarantee no Republican is ever elected to the Presidency,” wrote Roger Landes.

“don’t let the door hit ya….” commented Patrick D Brumm.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And this is from a state that is turning its asphalt covered secondary roads back into gravel due to lack of money. A state that does not require workers compensation to be paid if you are hurt on the job, a state that is trying hard to become a suburb of Mexico with its income inequality and number of service jobs, a state that could care less about the health of their citizens or their ability to afford a hospital stay..

Hopefully they return the amount of Federal dollars they receive at present to keep them afloat.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sure Austin will have something to say about this :)

Austin, is Texas accepting legal immigrants from other Southern states ?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we convince them to annex Oklahoma when they leave?

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine suggested that there should be 2 Americas - I believe this to be the only solution, as the left/lost and the right are so far apart on nearly every subject. It makes living in this ONCE great Country very difficult for both sides. Imagine, how long would it take for the left/lost side of the country to implode on itself. I would give it 2 years MAX............but, no worries, we on the right will always come and help you out - it's in our DNA!!!! :thumbsup:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We should divide the country by the political red/blue map. left and right coast as one country, the heartland as another. Yes, the blue country would devolve into chaos withing a year and we would have to have armed border guards to keep the blue refugees from flooding OUR country.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And this is from a state that is turning its asphalt covered secondary roads back into gravel due to lack of money. A state that does not require workers compensation to be paid if you are hurt on the job, a state that is trying hard to become a suburb of Mexico with its income inequality and number of service jobs, a state that could care less about the health of their citizens or their ability to afford a hospital stay..

Hopefully they return the amount of Federal dollars they receive at present to keep them afloat.

Maybe Daved they are taking your idea of Global warming to heart and finally realize Black absorbs heat. Your statement about workers comp. is based on the illegals with phoney I.D.'s getting hurt and collecting huge settlements Take a little time and ck. it out before you make these actuation's.
Give me one example of any person being turned away from Med attention.
If the fools in D.C. are giving away $$$ why not take it. Have you ever tried to give the Gov. back anything they gave you? They have no one smart enough to except it.Or what to do with it.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Californians have talked about having a North and a South for many years but I'm sure it won't happen. In the North we don't care where the border line would be as long as Frisco stays in the South. :)
If Texas leaves the union all of their residents would need passports to go anywhere out of the state (country)

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas Politician Says State is Preparing to Become ?Independent Nation? In Case Union ?Falls Apart? | TheBlaze.com

A prominent Texas politician, who is running to be the state’s next Attorney General, said this week his state is actively preparing to secede from the union and become an “independent nation” if the U.S. “falls apart.”

Barry Smitherman, currently the Texas Railroad Commissioner, made the comments in an interview published in World Net Daily (WND) on Monday.

“Generally speaking, we have made great progress in becoming an independent nation, an ‘island nation’ if you will, and I think we want to continue down that path so that if the rest of the country falls apart, Texas can operate as a stand-alone entity with energy, food, water and roads as if we were a closed-loop system,” Smitherman said.
Barry Smitherman

He added that the state is “uniquely situated because we have energy resources, fossil and otherwise, and our own independent electrical grid.”

“This was one of my goals at the Utility Commission and it is one my goals currently as chairman of the Railroad Commission,” Smitherman said. “That’s why I stress so vehemently oil and gas production, permitting turnaround times, and everything that enables the industry to produce as much as it can, as quickly as it can.”

Smitherman added in the interviewthat Texas has “been very strong leading in the charge agains the Obama administration.”

The comments made by Smitherman have since been seized upon by liberal groups. Think Progress published an article covering his remarks on Friday.

Individuals commenting on the Think Progress article appeared happy over the thought of Texas seceding.

“Good. If Texas secedes, the nation will be better and Texas can enjoy it’s sand and heat until the next hurricane hits the gulf, or the next firestorm, or the next tornado — with no help available,” wrote commenter Marie Harris.

“Texas secession would guarantee no Republican is ever elected to the Presidency,” wrote Roger Landes.

“don’t let the door hit ya….” commented Patrick D Brumm.

What utter nonsense.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an idea. Why don't all the red states join us when the rest of the nation falls apart.:thumbsup:

images

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say "go for it". You got Houston, oil speculaters extraordinaires, Dallas, more oil speculaters extraordinaires, and then, you have, Brownsville, Sunnyland, El Paso, and a host of other towns and a bunch of open space with tumbleweeds rolling that you can count on to do all those things government is supposed to do.

Could you post some of those facts you have used to call this "liberal bs" olroy70? Last time I checked Governor Goodhair has done nothing except accept federal dollars for all his problems. Like the fires last year, do you remember the awful cry about the federal government not helping the poor people of Texas out when they really needed it? It would seem to me that since Texans don't want or need the Federal government, they should sthu and handle things themselves or request help from Dallas and Houston.

Last edited:

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. we have lower welfare payments. let em move to ca! My mom was in the hospital with a broken leg. since I smoke:laughing7:, I spent time in the smokers area........lots and lots of free medical care going on! ya can tell, because they expect you to give em cigs!!!!!!

2. we sure ship more money out of the state than comes in. just consider we are getting the same price for it as the ragheads!

3. did you notice the very apparent situation of West, TX..... no federal aid. nobama luvs us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since you mentioned some of these as facts, these are 3! bs is what you spout most of the time, anyway......... as long as you believe it, the rest of us should, too??????????????????

now, where to you get your facts? CNN, MSMSn, ABC, or do you mostly make them up?

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. we have lower welfare payments. let em move to ca! My mom was in the hospital with a broken leg. since I smoke:laughing7:, I spent time in the smokers area........lots and lots of free medical care going on! ya can tell, because they expect you to give em cigs!!!!!!

2. we sure ship more money out of the state than comes in. just consider we are getting the same price for it as the ragheads!

3. did you notice the very apparent situation of West, TX..... no federal aid. nobama luvs us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since you mentioned some of these as facts, these are 3! bs is what you spout most of the time, anyway......... as long as you believe it, the rest of us should, too??????????????????

now, where to you get your facts? CNN, MSMSn, ABC, or do you mostly make them up?

Olroy - Lib's don't care about facts. So, as mindblowing as that is - You just have to ignore their comments. Even the crazies have opinions, just better not to respond to their foolishness. Keep up the GOOD work and Lot's o' Luck in the hunt!!!! :metaldetector:

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gladly take Florida and turn it back into a red state. When all the welfare rats and snow birds run back to the north-east for their free obamacare it will be a great place to live.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ROFL , so if they actually would be legally allowed to secede, are they gonna be run by King Bush,
with only Bush's to be born into the Roll ? :tongue3:

the Obummer rat's nest is only Temporary , I'm sure as Human Beings
most of us can live through it without help of secession from the Union which could take Decades

Or will the Smitherman Family run it a Tictaters ? :tongue3:

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
ROFL , so if they actually would be legally allowed to secede, are they gonna be run by King Bush,
with only Bush's to be born into the Roll ? :tongue3:

the Obummer rat's nest is only Temporary , I'm sure as Human Beings
most of us can live through it without help of secession from the Union which could take Decades

Or will the Smitherman Family run it a Tictaters ? :tongue3:

People spout such dramatic foolishness all the time. I doubt anyone who has pondered secession has given much thought to the true implications of actually doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People spout such dramatic foolishness all the time. I doubt anyone who has pondered secession has given much thought to the true implications of actually doing it.

I wonder if they can afford enough Barbwire Fences & Checkpoint Charlies :tongue3: to cross into the US ?

or will it have to be done By Escape Tunnels :laughing7:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Dramatic Foolishness" "Utter Non-sense" - Because, revolution and civil war could Never happen now-a-days, just look around the world........nothing but peace. Hey, that could NEVER happen here in America though!!! Talk about utter foolishness, take off the rose colored glasses.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread