Thank you Dennis!

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a weekend! :icon_scratch: On Friday afternoon and Saturday morning I went freestyling with Marinedad and I got clad, a sterling silver pendant and only one Wheatie. We had a great time but neither one of us found any silver coins. The ground was easier to dig but I was not getting the depth I needed to find the silver coins. So today I decided to adjust my E-Trac setting to go as deep as possible and to slow way down. I hit the road about 10 am and drove about 20 miles to a park. Got 19 clad and then off I went for a better location. While at the second park I noticed I had a missed call on my cell phone. No message was left so I redialed the number. It was my hunting friend Dennis. He informed me that my plan to meet him and hunt his park at noon was no good because a hundred people had just shown up and it looked like a baseball tournament was taking place for the entire day. I thanked him and decided to call it a day. On the way home I decided to stop at a local park just to see if anyone was there. The park was empty so I decided to try my deep settings for an hour. After about 20 minutes I got a screaming 12-47 at 12 inches! I walked all the way around the signal and it was a solid 12-47 at 12 inches. Naturally I am thinking a silver quarter. I dig down to about 9 inches and I see the gleam of silver. :headbang: A 1927 Merc is looking right at me! I was surprised because I thought it would be a silver quarter. ??? I check the hole and the X-1 starts to scream again. I dig another inch and there is another Merc. A 1941! That explains the 12-47. Two Merc's instead of a quarter. Silvers #53 and #54 for 2012! :occasion18: Thank you Dennis for changing my plans. :icon_thumright: Here are the rest of my finds for the weekend. I had a total of 131 clad coins for a total of $16.22 consisting of 44 quarters, 47 dimes, 3 nickels and 37 Memorials plus a rusted out wristwatch and a copper Boy Scout tie slide. Thanks again Dennis for the phone call. :occasion14: Happy hunting to all!

Last edited:

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
glad i could help the bill is in the mail dennis oh congrats on your finds see you later

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Super clad totals and some silver to top it off! Nice weekend!

OP
OP
amxfred

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you guys. This is a great hobby!

Top Member Reactions