thank you everyone !

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
1911d said:
For using you disc. settings on your md. It's real nice of you to leave the good stuff for me to find..... Respectfully George

George?

Are we not suppossed to use the trechnology?

Are you mad?

Respectfully - Jim

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
Montana Jim said:
1911d said:
For using you disc. settings on your md. It's real nice of you to leave the good stuff for me to find..... Respectfully George

George?

Are we not suppossed to use the trechnology?

Are you mad?

Respectfully - Jim

He is not mad. Read his posts, he has found gold coins that would have been missed with discrimination. He also makes the point it is hard not to discriminate in parks and public areas. I can't imagine digging every signal in an old park, even with the most careful digging it would look like a stampede went through ;D.Keep the faith...Ryan

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
I heard... if you use you discrimination you might pass up an iron box full of gold ;)
RD

OP
OP
D

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the reason IS:

i posted the thank you cuz i was excited and i guess feeling a little smug. ( ya know , kinda full of myself)
i was md an old ccc camp the day i posted the thank you.
this place has been hit hard over the years. some places have been shoveled down a foot or more and sifted. in the 50-60 it was a great place to drink beer and party,so lots of stuff to discriminate out, right.
WRONG! I got a beep and it was as i expected (alu foil)1of those Wrigley plenty packs of gum . no gum tho ...it was 3" down, put it in my trash checked the hole and "ol beeper" screamed at me this time/// at 8" was an 1881 $5.00.
Seems that coin was using the old Wrigley pack to hid under. so i just wanted to thank who ever by passed the junk many times over the years...
respectfully george
almost forgot it was a gold coin

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: the reason IS:

1911d said:
i posted the thank you cuz i was excited and i guess feeling a little smug. ( ya know , kinda full of myself)
i was md an old ccc camp the day i posted the thank you.
this place has been hit hard over the years. some places have been shoveled down a foot or more and sifted. in the 50-60 it was a great place to drink beer and party,so lots of stuff to discriminate out, right.
WRONG! I got a beep and it was as i expected (alu foil)1of those Wrigley plenty packs of gum . no gum tho ...it was 3" down, put it in my trash checked the hole and "ol beeper" screamed at me this time/// at 8" was an 1881 $5.00.
Seems that coin was using the old Wrigley pack to hid under. so i just wanted to thank who ever by passed the junk many times over the years...
respectfully george
almost forgot it was a gold coin
Oh heck...finding that coin..you have a right to be full of yourself..great find...and I guess I will start diggin that darn tin foil...lol You did good.

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Heck of a find! But I got to tell you if I use discrimination mode and have my settings turned all the way down, the only thing I miss is iron. I can still tell it's there, and generally how big too. I found a 1885 dime that way, and there was alot of square nails around. Just the same I don't have any gold pieces yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread