Thanks For The Heads Up T-Net...Marc...Whoever - NOT

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GopherDaGold said:
It would be nice to get an email notification letting us know when our Charter membership is about to expire. I see that Paypal was nice enough to acknowledge my payment via email although the word 'thanks' was not part of it.

Fix this.

Members can tell when their membership expires, by going to "My Stuff" then to "Membership" it tells you there when your current membership expires.....

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I KNOW that. I do not log into T-Net every day. I have a life outside of T-Net. Every site that I am or have ever been a member of sends out email notifications. I get emails letting me know when someone has responded to my posts, my tweets, my Facebook updates, my Youtube vids, etc. but I can't be notified that my T-Net membership is about to expire?

C'mon.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A guess on my part but I don't think it would be difficult to set a reminder concerning Charter Membership, it would be a good idea to have that reminder anyway. I'll bring it to Marc's attention. Thanks for the renewal. :icon_thumright:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GopherDaGold said:
I KNOW that. I do not log into T-Net every day. I have a life outside of T-Net. Every site that I am or have ever been a member of sends out email notifications. I get emails letting me know when someone has responded to my posts, my tweets, my Facebook updates, my Youtube vids, etc. but I can't be notified that my T-Net membership is about to expire?

C'mon.

No offense, but if you know that, then you know when your membership will expire.

Some CM may not know, but they do not have to wair till their membership expires to renew, if someone renews their membership and they still have 3 months left on the old membership, the renewal is tacked on to the old membership so the membership then expires 15 months from the date of the renewal and so on.....

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. I logged in yesterday to see all of my Charter goodies were gone :icon_scratch:

T_H you know I got nuthin but love for ya, but to me, your reply just don't fly :D
An email notification serves several purposes. It reminds the member that his or her membership is about to expire, (duh) so that person can choose whether to renew or not.
It also should let the member know that they are WANTED back. Not sending out a reminder suggests that T-Net doesn't really care one way or the other if I renew.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GopherDaGold said:
Thanks for the replies. I logged in yesterday to see all of my Charter goodies were gone :icon_scratch:

T_H you know I got nuthin but love for ya, but to me, your reply just don't fly :D
An email notification serves several purposes. It reminds the member that his or her membership is about to expire, (duh) so that person can choose whether to renew or not.
It also should let the member know that they are WANTED back. Not sending out a reminder suggests that T-Net doesn't really care one way or the other if I renew.

Gopher,

Digginthepast gave the best reply, I did not mean to give you a hard time, my posts was more for those that did not know how to verify when their membership expires or that they do not need to wait till the last second or membership expires to renew their membership.... A notice when CM is expiring is a good idea..... :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions