Thanks to all you Sultans of the Sand!

oldtimer

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's another ancient silver Roman ring I was able to add to my collection of goodies thanks to the efforts of some awesome THer in the UK (North Yorkshire).

It was dug at an old Roman site a few months back.

I have some BIG commercial plans for this ring!

Thanks again to all you "Sultans of the Sand."

Because of you, many of us live more fruitful and enjoyable lives? 8)

Upvote 0

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
So are you saying you are going to sell that ring to someone instead of seeing if a museum would like to have it?

Forgive me but your post looks really bad toward THers in general. With all of the hype around here about Archies hating THers this just looks bad to me. Anyone else feel the same way? Before you say it, yes I do take my finds to the local mueseum here to see if it may have any signifigant value to them and if it does I give it to them to clean properly and display. I have gotten positive feed back by doing this and places that are nomally off limits to others become open to me.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real nice ring!,I spent two weeks in England ,for a school and did some detecting on my time off but I found no Roman stuff. One of the local policemen told me that a local hunting club pretty much cleaned out the area. I still found two coins a 1914 and 1942 .I was happy just to find something.

OP
OP
O

oldtimer

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ilovetodig said:
So are you saying you are going to sell that ring to someone instead of seeing if a museum would like to have it?

Forgive me but your post looks really bad toward THers in general. With all of the hype around here about Archies hating THers this just looks bad to me. Anyone else feel the same way? Before you say it, yes I do take my finds to the local mueseum here to see if it may have any signifigant value to them and if it does I give it to them to clean properly and display. I have gotten positive feed back by doing this and places that are nomally off limits to others become open to me.

I have no idea WHAT you're talking about. In fact, I'm sure you don't either.

I plan to use this style to give me ideas in my jewelry making business--nothing more. I like the Roman look and I think it is the major trend of the future.

I'm gone from here now, but I don't think most people on here are anything like you.

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I thought that was what you meant too, but even if you wanted to sell it, thats fine its your ring and your decision, great idea to make modern jewelry after the ancient roman stuff.

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
I don't know if somethings wrong, but I'm not seeing this ring...... ???? I think I'll check back later.

GL & HH,

Dugholes

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Thanks bud for the info. Too bad though....I think it was misplaced flack as well; jumped the gun me thinks..... ;)

GL & HH,

Dugholes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread