That ACE Detector and That Sniper Coil Never Ceases To Amaze Me......

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
fountain.jpg

I headed out after work to an old picnic ground again, one that I have hit many times in the last 12 years. I took along the ACE 150 + sniper coil and worked only areas not accessible with the larger coils.

pinpointer.jpg

qqq2.jpg

Here's my take for a couple of hours hunting, in the most beautiful, colorful time of the year. I don't know how that large spoon was missed previously, as it gave off such a nice belltone. I also included the HALLMARK and a quick description of the manufacturer to help date it.

twocents.jpg

Here's the keepers. A 1935 & 1939 penny. The sniper coil gave out a nice clear high (bell tone) signal on these. That sniper coil just never ceases to amaze me!

peliated.jpg

And a buddy flew by and did some banging on a tree some 30 feet from me. Looks like a Pileated Woodpecker.....​

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
What a beautyfull woodpecker!!! Quite the same of our ones with that red "hat"...:-]]

Have a nice weekend!!

M.

p.s. I'm testing my CX, it came last week...Hope I'll have a short learning time, it's a little more complicated than the ACE :-[

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
melvin_it said:
What a beautyfull woodpecker!!! Quite the same of our ones with that red "hat"...:-]]

Have a nice weekend!!

M.

p.s. I'm testing my CX, it came last week...Hope I'll have a short learning time, it's a little more complicated than the ACE :-[

Good luck! I think you will like the depth in the true all metal mode.....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I get bored with water hunting I slip on my sniper on my GTI 1500 and hit the trashy parks to "cherry pick." You can really clean up where the other hunters leave a lot behind because of the masking of the stock coils. :thumbsup:

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
John-Edmonton said:
melvin_it said:

Have a nice weekend!!

M.

Good luck! I think you will like the depth in the true all metal mode.....

I hope so or I would never choose this machine...it's so uncomfortable to handle... :-[

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread