that "extra measure" of respect

T

treasurejack

that "extra measure" of respect

I just wanted to say that I have taken part in many specialized forums on the internet over the years but Tnet is without a doubt home to the most positive and considerate members I've ever seen. Seldom do debates turn into wars, advice is everywhere, tips and ideas are free for the asking, and if you just type the word 'Help" in the subject bar several members will quickly come running. In the past few weeks I have seen many new friendships forged, I have watched MightyAP donate his time and talent for free, and I am continually impressed by the endless words of congrates and good luck that seem to be offered without reservation. But the best part, when on rare occasion that I have witnessed harsh words they almost always end up being worked out with that extra measure of respect. I think all of this says a great deal about our hobby and the people who pursue it. "Five stars all around!"

bja3908

Aug 19, 2006
galveston tx
Re: that "extra measure" of respect

Your right on Treasurejack. This is the most helpful friendly place I have ever been.

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thats what brought me here, its like a huge family. Someone needs a hug and somone gives them one or should say many give them a hug. Someone has personel problems they aren`t afraid to bring it out into the open and many are willing to try to help. Yeah we get in heated discussions in the rubber room but there just that discussions, don`t think anyone holds a grudge outside the rubber room. But we sure do get it nice and toasty in there sometimes :) ;D :o

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006

I belong to a couple photography forums and they tend to be very nasty in their remarks. More then I care for. This place is a lot more sociable .

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I agree Treasure!

I don't think I have ever been to any forum about anything that is as personable and down right as wonderful as Tnet. any time I have had questions about anything, there has always been someone to help me out :) Thats why I joined the charter membership, I wanted to support the site as best as I could cus I'm always excited about being here!!

P.S. I like your website jack, its full of fun and adventure, keep up the good work!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I must admit, this is my first forum. Usually my don't won't let me on a computer. ;D
There truly are a great bunch of folks out there. Wheather it's a pat on the back, sharing a MD experience, or offering info to a question. This forum is a fun place to be.
-MM-

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Yes... I agree with all of you! Thats why I became a charter member... to help give a little back to the site that makes this all possible. I felt comfy here right from the beginning and enjoy the no-nonsense kindness.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

I'm just here for the babes and free beer.... ;)

But seriously... Good post! I enjoy it here for that same reason. :)

T

TreasureTales

Montana Jim said:
Yes... I agree with all of you! Thats why I became a charter member... to help give a little back to the site that makes this all possible. I felt comfy here right from the beginning and enjoy the no-nonsense kindness.

Ditto.

I like the Politics forum precisely because it is a bit testy in there at times. Nothing like a little jabbing and sparring to get the old brain a-working. Hehehehe. Still, we usually calm down and shake hands afterwards on our own. And that's what is so great about being left alone for the most part...we resolve our own issues. Ah, if only nations would be so forgiving.

T.T. I agree with you 100%! You probably didn't see that one coming,lol :D. I'm new on this sight and find the political forum very refreshing. If we all were just a little correct, this country would be well on its way to a new and greater era! ;)

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

Everyone here welcomed me with open arms when I only had one post. It is a family here that is not afraid to give a warm welcome, a word of encouragement, or a hug when it is needed. I feel that when I log on it is like walking into a virtual "Cheers" - Where everybody knows your name and they are always glad you came. I have made many friends because of this site and I look forward to personally meeting as many of you as I can. Thank you for being the great extended family that you are.

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree 100%, what a great site. Besides the wonderful, helpful and intelligent people here,
there are a couple of other things that make this place great. One is the efforts of the moderators to set the "tone" of the forum. The other is the great software that drives this site. This is BY FAR the best forum software I have seen. It has lots of cool features, its fast (even on dial up), it keeps track of messages read, posted to, etc.

And then there are the babes, so many are into detecting, who'd have thunk it

Here's the beer....

Attachments

• I_finally_fixed_my_computer.jpg
    I_finally_fixed_my_computer.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 101
OP
OP
T

treasurejack

I had a dream last night that I was stranded on a tropical island with about a dozen metal detecting babes, strange thing is, I can't remember if we found anything? Go figure! What's up with that? lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread