That's a lot of candles

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Hey hey diggers!
Here we go for 2024!
I got out on a few hunts over the last week and made some great finds to start off the year right.
On my third hole about ten minutes into a hunt with Iron Patch today I popped out this beauty...it turned 300 years old today!
After metal detecting for 29 years now , this is the first pistareen I've ever found. Incidentally, talking about it to IP, after 24 years detecting Dirtyville, he only found his first pistareen on home soil last year...so that's over 50 years of detecting experience combined for us to get one of these each.
I've seen lots of others find them and heard of many more too..I guess today was my turn lol.

But you know what...I'll still be out there again in a day or two looking for the next one!
Go get that shiny stuff!!

Attachments

• 20240318_180748.jpg
    20240318_180748.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 110
  • 20240318_180713.jpg
    20240318_180713.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 47

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome!

Haven't seen him post in a while hope he's ok.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the pistareen, great start to 2024.

Mr. Digger

Nov 25, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! That's a nice one. Where was it minted? My very first Spanish coin was a pistareen and is my oldest silver. Amazing find!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey hey diggers!
Here we go for 2024!
I got out on a few hunts over the last week and made some great finds to start off the year right.
On my third hole about ten minutes into a hunt with Iron Patch today I popped out this beauty...it turned 300 years old today!
After metal detecting for 29 years now , this is the first pistareen I've ever found. Incidentally, talking about it to IP, after 24 years detecting Dirtyville, he only found his first pistareen on home soil last year...so that's over 50 years of detecting experience combined for us to get one of these each.
I've seen lots of others find them and heard of many more too..I guess today was my turn lol.

But you know what...I'll still be out there again in a day or two looking for the next one!
wow, very cool save!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey hey diggers!
Here we go for 2024!

Awesome! Congrats

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey hey diggers!
Here we go for 2024!

That’s what we are talking about! Beautiful, congrats!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 words....
MEGA banner.
Ok ok....
2 more...