The 1715 Fleet and the Brisbens

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it very disapointing that after finding a bronze cannon filled with gold coins, Goho is broke one year later. That shows the subs are working on a very thin margin. What would it take to find enough treasure to retire? Another Atocha?

You'd have to talk to Greg about GOHO being "broke" or not...

A wise man that has found tons of silver and pounds of gold has said for years that you don’t want to put a ton of money into treasure hunting because chances are you won’t ever recover that large expense.

I believe that if you have a burning passion for it and look at it as any other expensive hobby you’ll probably enjoy doing it. Consider the expense you lay out to be the cost of your hobby and any treasure you get from it a priceless reward for the hard work involved and if you get lucky enough to find some to sell consider it minimizing your expenses to do something you love to do.

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know how Mr. Brisben can lay claim to the Queens Jewels if they are found outside of his leases?!!

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to know how Mr. Brisben can lay claim to the Queens Jewels if they are found outside of his leases?!!

From the same language of the Federal Court Ruling that gave Mel/Fishers the rights to the 1715 Fleet wrecks "wherever they my lie".

wherever; no matter where: at or in an indefinite place

Last edited:

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote from AU dreamers "“thinking they are going to find the Queen's Jewel's on their own.”

Brent doesn’t believe he will find the Queen’s Jewels on his own. Brent knows it’s a very big ocean out there.

Brent also isn’t sweating if the Queen’s Jewels are in his lease areas or not because they own them, “where ever they may lie”

How many posts are by actual Sub-C’s?

They will not find it on their own, but they do have the money to do it. The queen's jewel's have not been found yet. Salvage efforts have been going on since the 60's.

If the jewel's are found outside of the 3000 yard radius from the center of the wreck, it is fair game for the lucky one to do what needs to be done. No new info has been released regarding the distance "THEY" own. Many boats travel daily in(weather permitting), and out of sebastian and ft pierce inlet with dive equipment and detectors searching the ocean floor outside of the lease area's "THEY" own. 3000 yards is not that far in the ocean when a hurricane wiped out an entire fleet loaded with treasure. Blowers are useless on small salvage vessal's in 40 to 50 feet of water (lots of beer/soda cans, and parts of them out their also).
I don't believe "THEY" own them wherever they may lie, but "THEY" do have the money, and time to battle one in court if the jewel's are found outside of their lease's.

How many post you ask are by sub-c's regarding this matter - not many because "THEY" have everyone scared sh&*less.
Why don't "THEY" ever comment about what is posted here? THEY DON'T NEED TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Every sub who has/had a problem with "THEM" should go out and search on their own outside of the leased area's.

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the same language of the Federal Court Ruling that gave Mel/Fishers the rights to the 1715 Fleet wrecks "wherever they my lie".

Are you a lawyer, or an investor for the brisbanes? Or both perhaps!!!

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Hey Au Dreamers,
Started some discussion here , huh? Well we can let this all go when we get together at the benefit for Tom! Am I correct? It will be good to see you again my friend.
aquanut john

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The above is for the Atocha that the fishers have a admiralty on.Not the 1715 fleet wrecks that brisben has.If the Queen’s Jewels are found outside any brisben lease he will be Sol.Having the name Queen’s Jewels as your company name doesnt mean you will own the Queen’s Jewels if they are found anywhere.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not fair game, it's illegal.

Let's look at how many actually post on this site? 5? 5 out of 15? So that would mean we are only getting 1/3 of the Sub-C's opinions but not even all 5 of the Sub-C's that post here have posted in this thread.

As a matter of fact the only Sub-C's that have posted in this thread are GoHo and myself.

I wouldn't advocate people to break the law...

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the other Current/future Subc'ers dont want to post here out of fear that brisben will kick them off the lease sites or not give them a Subc if they say something bad or even anything at all.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reason would have you think Mel locked up both operations the same way wouldn't it?

I'm pretty sure when this has been talked about I wasn't confused that it was about the Atocha and neither were the "industry professionals".

It has nothing to do with the company name it has to do with the Federal Court ruling on the 1715 ships not just the jewels.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
It seems this thread has run it's course. Let's let it go. There are good points made for both sides of the view and I don't think there is anything to be gained by furthering this discussion. AGREED? See you guys on the thread forTom Gidus' Benefit.
That's a place we can all not only agree on , but do some good!
Aquanut

Trembull

Jul 24, 2010
Oklahoma __ Y'All
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems this thread has run it's course. Let's let it go.

HERE HERE

Hands 02.gif

Hubster

Greenie
Feb 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody know the name of the actual court case (and year) or the decision citation that supposedly ruled on the 1715 fleet?

Out of curiosity i tried to locate it a while back, found a bunch of florida cases including Atocha, Margarita and others, but not one specifically dealing with the 1715 fleet.

Just still curious.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Does anybody know the name of the actual court case (and year) or the decision citation that supposedly ruled on the 1715 fleet?

Out of curiosity i tried to locate it a while back, found a bunch of florida cases including Atocha, Margarita and others, but not one specifically dealing with the 1715 fleet.

Just still curious.

Start a New Thread!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
there are signals that are "required" by the coast guard and international law to be on ocean going vessels that will tell exactly where you are * its for the sailors security to help locate them in times of distress but it can also be used to "watch" a vessel to see if it is going into "prohibitted " places or smuggling stuff -- if one uses this tech one can figger out exactly where a vessels was at recently by tracking it's signal via a satilite link that tracks vessels location and movement --

Last edited:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always carry a metal salad bowl on board for when you want to disable a GPS or tracking transponder.

inletsurf

Oct 1, 2006
Sebastian Inlet, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is amazing, whenever I need to take a crap I grab my ipad and read these message boards... they never disappoint. The ignorance is astonishing. Some might wonder why the state thinks private sector work is incompetent.
As per usual...lololololololololol...and such.

Even my most challenging craps have been more interesting than reading this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread