The 90 foot stone... The evidence (or lack of)

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 90 foot stone was a fake carved by a company running out of money in an attempt to dupe investors out of more funds. When the funds didn?t come the stone was thrown away.

If the stone was real and held the secret to finding a great treasure, why was it casually thrown away?

No different than all the other lies surrounding hoax island.....

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The "90-Foot Stone" is a nice embellishment to enhance a good campfire story. Without it being physically present, it can't be PROVEN fake - "so you'll just have to take our word for it". If there was ever a stone with such markings - which no mention is made by any record until many years AFTER its supposed discovery, the whole "created to deceive investors" theory holds a lot of water. And after the investors dried up, the stone lost its interest and value, so it was discarded as a no-longer-needed prop. The local residents, probably knowledgeable of the "artist" ("chiseler" is a good title, too) who created the piece, knew of the stone's provenance and "authenticity" and thought no more about it when it disappeared. If ever found, it should be displayed along with other fabricated items of its ilk, like the Cardiff Giant, Barnum's "Fiji Mermaids", and the Minnesota Iceman (which I was suckered into paying to gawk at, back in the late 60's).

BTW - was ANYTHING found "forty feet below" the location where it was allegedly found?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no way of knowing for sure if the 90' Stone was real but just because no one knows where it is today 100's of years later, doesn't mean much. Just as no one knows where the Holy Grail or Ark of the Covenant is. You'd think as important as those items are to certain groups of people that they'd have kept better track of them don't you...

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I find most amazing is how the legend has grown out of so little actual evidence. The "Stone" was first reported with a few shallow scratches and then become a decipherable code ninety years later... There is no actual evidence of anyone ever seeing the code that Eldo displayed in the pics on the previous page. That code just came from a newspaper report. No first hand account of that particular code on the "alleged" stone has ever been found.

I suppose that given this "alleged stone" is really the only ever offered evidence that man had dug to 90 foot deep is behind the ongoing legend.

Eldo is not the only one being "loose with the truth" regarding the stone. The Laginas pretense of finding the stone in the Basement of the bookstore even though it was widely known/reported/discussed they had purchased that piece of rock from a private collector is just one more example of people making things up about the stone without it there is nothing to support humans dug down 90+ feet before treasure searchers started digging their holes...

Oak Island continues to not only be a fascinating story of treasure hunting but also a great story of people twisting the truth to support their narrative and raise interest in funding their endeavours...

I suppose that is just human nature to tell lies when the truth does not get us what we want...

You all contested the existence of anything related to the stone and acted like it was a complete lie and an invented farce

The only farce is the inability to accept you are wrong at this point...either your ability to use google is first grade or you just refuse to see it for yourself.....

I posted real pics of the original stone and yes they had cameras back when Franklin Delano Roosevelt was on the island....now you know who made it "disappear"

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL.....the person promoting the fake, “ I found a Templar vault” story with photoshopped images is now promoting the fake 90 foot stone carved by previous hoaxers in an attempt to gain more investor money.

If the 90 foot stone was real and contained clues to a vast treasure why was it thrown away after investor money stopped coming in.

Unbelievable that folks keep promoting this nonsense.

Can you actually find one post I made claiming anything "Templar" was found by me?

I really think you should take a step back from posting too much....lol

Like you are paid to keep traffic moving for the sake of the show and not the actual mystery

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you actually find one post I made claiming anything "Templar" was found by me?...
There are several including the photoshopped dome rock with an arrow pointing to the door.
"The vault has thawed out and I have set up an approach pitch to the base climb to the entrance. I am waiting on the right method to get back in there for a camera shot or two" -Eldo June 17, 2017
Hopefully that has jogged your memory. :wink:

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all contested the existence of anything related to the stone and acted like it was a complete lie and an invented farce

The only farce is the inability to accept you are wrong at this point...either your ability to use google is first grade or you just refuse to see it for yourself.....

I posted real pics of the original stone and yes they had cameras back when Franklin Delano Roosevelt was on the island....now you know who made it "disappear"
So Eldo you are THE ONLY PERSON in the whole world that has a photo of the "alleged stone". It does not worry you at all that the stone you have in the photo does not fit the early documented reports of the stone.

I am amazed that you can believe this rubbish...

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have no way of knowing for sure if the 90' Stone was real but just because no one knows where it is today 100's of years later, doesn't mean much. Just as no one knows where the Holy Grail or Ark of the Covenant is. You'd think as important as those items are to certain groups of people that they'd have kept better track of them don't you...

IF the Ark still exists, the preponderance of the evidence says it is likely in a shrine/monastery in Ethiopia. The "Holy Grail" did not exist until someone MADE UP a story ("Perceval, le Conte du Graal") about it about 900 years ago...so therefore will never be found, as it exists only in myth.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on which Holy Grail you seek. There was the Cup Christ had at the Last Supper. There were two cups that caught the blood of Christ. Then there is the Holy Bloodline or the Holy Grail. Which do you seek?

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

You posted pictures of the manufactured fake - and a bad fake, since it doesn't match the earlier descriptions of the "original" - or were the descriptions wrong? The Old Gold Salvage and Wrecking Company, was founded and operated by Henry L. Bowdin in 1909. After 3 months of drilling and digging on Oak Island, Bowdin concluded there "was NOT, nor had there EVER been ANY treasure on Oak Island".

Franklin Roosevelt himself ADMITTED he was embarrassed at "having been duped into investing in a money-making scheme"...

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you actually find one post I made claiming anything "Templar" was found by me?

I really think you should take a step back from posting too much....lol

Like you are paid to keep traffic moving for the sake of the show and not the actual mystery

You have posted your faked photo shopped pictures of a "vault" on a rock for years all the the while talking about "making the ascent".

Of course its difficult to ascend an image made on a computer.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a few of eldo's posts including photoshopped images proclaiming he found a templar vault in Vermont:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...and after 4 years he still hasn't found "the right method get back in there for a camera shot or two".

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and after 4 years he still hasn't found "the right method get back in there for a camera shot or two".

LOL...after claiming for years that he found a templar vault in Vermont, he then denies he made the claim, "Can you actually find one post I made claiming anything "Templar" was found by me?"."

Since proof has been provided above that he did make the false claims, it will be interesting to see him talk his way out of this predicament.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course this thread concerns the hoax of oak island.

Perhaps a new thread entitled, “hoax of Templar vault in Vermont” should be created.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL...after claiming for years that he found a templar vault in Vermont, he then denies he made the claim, "Can you actually find one post I made claiming anything "Templar" was found by me?"."

Since proof has been provided above that he did make the false claims, it will be interesting to see him talk his way out of this predicament.
He told Scott Wolter about this Templar vault in the dome rock, nut when Wolter said he'd rent a helicopter to fly to this site, Eldo backed sown with the excuse that a helicopter couldn't fly there.
'NUFF SAID!

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe, if there was a "90-foot stone", that it relayed the message "Don't dig any deeper or you will hit water." lol

"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand."

"And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit"

Which killed how many from the "Fumes"?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the "piercing" of the well was done digging with a coring tube or a bit, they exposed the chamber beneath to water, which mixed with the "dust" enclosed there....the warning on the tomb lid of Shakespeare should have been literal enough, but....

attachment.php

Attachments

• shakespeares tomb.jpg
    shakespeares tomb.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 168

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have posted your faked photo shopped pictures of a "vault" on a rock for years all the the while talking about "making the ascent".

Of course its difficult to ascend an image made on a computer.

attachment.php

Gets really scary up there....big black cats might eat you whole....

Attachments

• 0925151628b.jpg
    0925151628b.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 158

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread