the adams Onis Treaty, A Major Factor? You decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am continually surprised at the number of Beale theorist who still fail to realize the "potential impact" that the Adams Onis Treaty might have played in regards to the two alleged Beale deposits, especially so if it is true that this alleged wealth came from Spanish territories prior to the conclusion of this treaty. Here's why;

In essence the Adams Onis Treaty concluded that with the exchange of ownership of the outlined property that all Spanish possessions in that region would revert back to Span. So what did this imply and what did it mean? Basically it meant that Spain had claim to anything that could be proven to have belonged to Spain prior to the agreement, this even including silver, gold, and other forms of wealth. So even if you had traveled into Spanish territory and brought back a huge hoard of wealth from those territories the Adams Onis Treaty DID NOT provide you safe sanctuary even on U.S. Soil. Today we still see this same thing being played out in various maritime claims in U.S. waters that hold Spanish interest, etc. So, with the Adams Onis Treaty clearly looming in the close future what to do?

U.S banks are immediately ruled out, of course, this most likely allowing your wealth to be seized and, at the very least, tied up in the corrupt (and political) courts for years on end, all the while the cost of this losing battle bleeding you dry. So what to do with all of this wealth?

One might assume that the ten-year was possibly established to make certain that treaty was going to hold, or that there might later be introduced or established a statute of limitations that would eventually and hopefully allow for legal claim and possession. But this isn't very realistic logic given that the terms of the treaty were pretty clear and that almost immediately Spain and the United States began to enjoy other agreements aimed at important commerce and trade. Little doubt that the treaty would hold for quite some time even though Mexico was screaming and protesting like a little kid. The bottom line here is fairly simple, as long as the treaty held then the wealth would be subject to immediate Spanish claim and seizure by the courts so these possibilities never truly represent real possibilities. But there is a third possibility that just may be far more accurate then we allow ourselves to believe.

What if there were other complications that prevented you from transporting your hidden wealth to its original and intended destination for a period of ten-years, such as an entirely different country? What if you already knew that in ten years time you would be able to transport that wealth abroad to an entirely different country of choice where no such treaty existed, or even threatened to exist? What if you already knew exactly where that country was but that you just couldn't go there for another ten-years?

This is what is wrong with all of the KGC and CSA theories as there existed a number of “privately” held banks in the south where this wealth could have been easily transferred for safe keeping, many of these banks even being in the control of the many suspects these theories employ. However, this is not the case when one examines and applies the terms of the Adams Onis Treaty, not at all, as even these privately held banks could not protect against Spanish claim and almost certain seizure by the courts in face of the existing terms attached to the Adams Onis Treaty. So if you don't think the Adams Onis Treaty holds any possible relevance to the alleged two deposits, well then, perhaps you need to rethink things again.

As for that other possible country, there were many influential dignitaries and immigrants from other countries who wanted to return to their homelands but couldn't yet do so until certain restrictions still looming from the Nepolianic wars were lifted. Some of these, through political pressures and other means and events, were set to expire and did expire around the early 1830's. So what if you knew all of this prior to making those two deposits? What to do? What's the smart play?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe we have been down this path before, and the question that needs to be addressed:
How does Adams-Onis relate to James Beverly Ward's copyrighting the 1885 Beale Papers pamphlet?
I realize that once one steps out from the story in the pamphlet, many "connexions" can be assumed to "fit" the story, but the lack of true hard evidence, it is only a futile attempt to place a square peg into a round hole.
Either the Beale story, as written, is true, or the Beale story is nothing more than a dime western adventure/ treasure novel created by James Beverly Ward.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Early on in the Civil War, the Confederate Congress confiscated about all of the hard specie or money. When the war broke out the banks in the South had about $28 Million dollars in hard specie that was known and maybe another $5 or $10 Million Dollars that was unknown. All of this hard specie was taken to at least 14 depositories the CSA Government had inland---all of the depositories along the coast had to be moved also due to US Navy plunderers. Some of this specie was sent overseas for the construction of ships in France or England but most of it was removed and placed in hidden depositories in the country.

My friend and partner Joseph Duran went into great depths about the Adams-Onis Treaty being the "KEY" to Beale Cypher Number One we even put a Video Tape out for sale how Code Paper Number One decyphered by using the Adams-Onis Treaty. That was about ten years ago. But one never knows whether the work we do is correct until someone finds the treasure to prove it. Myself I believe I know where the Beale Treasure is buried but I have to use the excuse that I can not get landowner permission. When you have limited funds that is a major problem to see if you are right or wrong. I have it narrowed down to two locations but I can not dig either one. I am going to attempt recovering one of my smaller treasures to get the funds for this endeavor. We will see how that works out. Everyone needs to bring their research and investigation to an end then we won't have to guess who is right or who is wrong on their decypherment.

Correct, I have your video-tapes (2); bought 'em at Peaks of Otter, years ago. The NEXT question related to your "post" above (and I think is a BIGGER "issue") is what about the SOUTHERN (REBEL) Banks... AFTER the CONFEDERATE WAR...? Rebels seized Yank Banks during the C.W., then LOST! THIS includes the CSA Treasury... YANKS have been after "such", SINCE... NSA, etc. For example, during WW II, W. Friedman sent AGENTS to Lynchburg, Va. to ask "average Joe/Jane if they knew ANYTHING about Beale PAPERS (pamphlet)... PROBABLY wanted the CSA Treasury for U.S. "War Efforts"... NO ONE knew ANYTHING! LOL! I have a copy of their report, and so does franklin. ANYWAY, don't need NO "stinking CYPHERS"! RUSES! :coffee2: Coffee...?

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe we have been down this path before, and the question that needs to be addressed:
How does Adams-Onis relate to James Beverly Ward's copyrighting the 1885 Beale Papers pamphlet?
I realize that once one steps out from the story in the pamphlet, many "connexions" can be assumed to "fit" the story, but the lack of true hard evidence, it is only a futile attempt to place a square peg into a round hole.
Either the Beale story, as written, is true, or the Beale story is nothing more than a dime western adventure/ treasure novel created by James Beverly Ward.

True, we have been down this road before, just as we've been down all the other roads before. But this presents something a tad bit different in what it suggest, this being that the possibility would have been open to just about anyone, and not just my list of suspects, as you might be guessing. Also, you are apparently 100% convinced that the story is all simple fiction while I am still somewhat open to other possibilities within reason, whatever that reasonable proposal might encompass.

The Adams Onis Treaty was devastating to many investors and special interest groups of the era who were planning to capitalize on abandoned Spanish possessions, or the leftover spoils, if you will. So if this treaty knowledge was known in advance then it is possible that this advanced knowledge could explain the reasons for not using banks and also for making the deposits with the attached terms. This could apply to anyone or any group who possessed that prior knowledge, and if the story is even remotely true, then this treaty probably did bear some influence.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
True, we have been down this road before, just as we've been down all the other roads before. But this presents something a tad bit different in what it suggest, this being that the possibility would have been open to just about anyone, and not just my list of suspects, as you might be guessing. Also, you are apparently 100% convinced that the story is all simple fiction while I am still somewhat open to other possibilities within reason, whatever that reasonable proposal might encompass.

The Adams Onis Treaty was devastating to many investors and special interest groups of the era who were planning to capitalize on abandoned Spanish possessions, or the leftover spoils, if you will. So if this treaty knowledge was known in advance then it is possible that this advanced knowledge could explain the reasons for not using banks and also for making the deposits with the attached terms. This could apply to anyone or any group who possessed that prior knowledge, and if the story is even remotely true, then this treaty probably did bear some influence.

LIKEWISE, with REBEL banks & CSA TREASURY!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... you are apparently 100% convinced that the story is all simple fiction while I am still somewhat open to other possibilities within reason, whatever that reasonable proposal might encompass.
More like 99%.
As mentioned, the further one goes outside of pamphlet's Beale narrative, and injects outside "speculation" as a possible" fact" behind the Beale adventure, a whole new Beale story is being created in support on one's given theory. We have seen this very thing happening on several threads by many posters who have taken the trip down the Beale rabbit hole.
There is no evidence that supports the Beale Papers being anything more than a dime novel with a cipher thrown in for the parlor entertainment of Lynchburg purchasers.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More like 99%.
As mentioned, the further one goes outside of pamphlet's Beale narrative, and injects outside "speculation" as a possible" fact" behind the Beale adventure, a whole new Beale story is being created in support on one's given theory. We have seen this very thing happening on several threads by many posters who have taken the trip down the Beale rabbit hole.
There is no evidence that supports the Beale Papers being anything more than a dime novel with a cipher thrown in for the parlor entertainment of Lynchburg purchasers.
Agree with everything you just posted, with the exception to one major difference......I'm still willing to explore that remaining and reasonable one percent as it could possibly lead to that evidence that proves otherwise. Either way, be it a simple dime novel for parlor entertainment or something else with some measure of truth to it, I just don't like having that 1% still hanging in the breeze. :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Thanks Rebel. A lot has changed since those videos at the Peaks of Otter. Joseph Duran went his own way with an investor from New Mexico and wrote an unpublished book on his findings. The location for his dig was in the Jefferson National Forest and it takes deep pockets and an undeniable reason to dig up there. You have to protect every bug, lizard, snake, bird and plants to make a dig with a study you have to pay for that can take a year or two. If the treasure is up there it can stay up there------and it most likely is.

As for the NSA and the government wanting treasure that is only in the treasure hunter's mind. We found enough gold to pay off the National Deficit and they won't even talk with us. I have contacted the Virginia Governor's Office, the Virginia Historical Center in Richmond----made a personal appearance at the Governor's Request. We talked to a State Senator in Raleigh, N.C. Sent Emails to every US Senator and US Congressman, three Emails to the President and three to the Vice-President-----also one to the First Lady. I have talked on the telephone to the FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. and Raleigh, N.C. I have talked on the telephone to the US Secret Service in Roanoke, Va and Washington, D.C. The NSA Headquarters, the Federal Marshalls, Homeland Security, White House Security. We have been in the Danville, Va newspaper on the front page and on television Channel 10 Roanoke, Va and WRAL Channel 5 in Raleigh, N.C. You can believe our US Government is after treasure if you want to but I don't. I tried to give all these treasures to them for a finder's fee and in return I was only threatened with arrest should I dig up any of the treasures. You can not help this country out it is going down so fast they don't even know which way is up.

Yeah, that was/is a BUMMER!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Thanks Rebel. A lot has changed since those videos at the Peaks of Otter. Joseph Duran went his own way with an investor from New Mexico and wrote an unpublished book on his findings. The location for his dig was in the Jefferson National Forest and it takes deep pockets and an undeniable reason to dig up there. You have to protect every bug, lizard, snake, bird and plants to make a dig with a study you have to pay for that can take a year or two. If the treasure is up there it can stay up there------and it most likely is.

As for the NSA and the government wanting treasure that is only in the treasure hunter's mind. We found enough gold to pay off the National Deficit and they won't even talk with us. I have contacted the Virginia Governor's Office, the Virginia Historical Center in Richmond----made a personal appearance at the Governor's Request. We talked to a State Senator in Raleigh, N.C. Sent Emails to every US Senator and US Congressman, three Emails to the President and three to the Vice-President-----also one to the First Lady. I have talked on the telephone to the FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. and Raleigh, N.C. I have talked on the telephone to the US Secret Service in Roanoke, Va and Washington, D.C. The NSA Headquarters, the Federal Marshalls, Homeland Security, White House Security. We have been in the Danville, Va newspaper on the front page and on television Channel 10 Roanoke, Va and WRAL Channel 5 in Raleigh, N.C. You can believe our US Government is after treasure if you want to but I don't. I tried to give all these treasures to them for a finder's fee and in return I was only threatened with arrest should I dig up any of the treasures. You can not help this country out it is going down so fast they don't even know which way is up.

Ron G. had the NSA Agents' report on HIS web-site; HE was a researcher, also...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I am continually surprised at the number of Beale theorist who still fail to realize the "potential impact" that the Adams Onis Treaty might have played in regards to the two alleged Beale deposits, especially so if it is true that this alleged wealth came from Spanish territories prior to the conclusion of this treaty...
In essence the Adams Onis Treaty concluded that with the exchange of ownership of the outlined property that all Spanish possessions in that region would revert back to Span. So what did this imply and what did it mean? Basically it meant that Spain had claim to anything that could be proven to have belonged to Spain prior to the agreement, this even including silver, gold, and other forms of wealth...

So what to do with all of this wealth?

One might assume that the ten-year was possibly established to make certain that treaty was going to hold, or that there might later be introduced or established a statute of limitations that would eventually and hopefully allow for legal claim and possession. But this isn't very realistic logic given that the terms of the treaty were pretty clear and that almost immediately Spain and the United States began to enjoy other agreements aimed at important commerce and trade... So if you don't think the Adams Onis Treaty holds any possible relevance to the alleged two deposits, well then, perhaps you need to rethink things again.
...but there is no relevant connection to the two alleged deposits in the Beale story.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I am continually surprised at the number of Beale theorist who still fail to realize the "potential impact" that the Adams Onis Treaty might have played in regards to the two alleged Beale deposits, especially so if it is true that this alleged wealth came from Spanish territories prior to the conclusion of this treaty. Here's why;

In essence the Adams Onis Treaty concluded that with the exchange of ownership of the outlined property that all Spanish possessions in that region would revert back to Span. So what did this imply and what did it mean? Basically it meant that Spain had claim to anything that could be proven to have belonged to Spain prior to the agreement, this even including silver, gold, and other forms of wealth. So even if you had traveled into Spanish territory and brought back a huge hoard of wealth from those territories the Adams Onis Treaty DID NOT provide you safe sanctuary even on U.S. Soil. Today we still see this same thing being played out in various maritime claims in U.S. waters that hold Spanish interest, etc. So, with the Adams Onis Treaty clearly looming in the close future what to do?

U.S banks are immediately ruled out, of course, this most likely allowing your wealth to be seized and, at the very least, tied up in the corrupt (and political) courts for years on end, all the while the cost of this losing battle bleeding you dry. So what to do with all of this wealth?

One might assume that the ten-year was possibly established to make certain that treaty was going to hold, or that there might later be introduced or established a statute of limitations that would eventually and hopefully allow for legal claim and possession. But this isn't very realistic logic given that the terms of the treaty were pretty clear and that almost immediately Spain and the United States began to enjoy other agreements aimed at important commerce and trade. Little doubt that the treaty would hold for quite some time even though Mexico was screaming and protesting like a little kid. The bottom line here is fairly simple, as long as the treaty held then the wealth would be subject to immediate Spanish claim and seizure by the courts so these possibilities never truly represent real possibilities. But there is a third possibility that just may be far more accurate then we allow ourselves to believe.

What if there were other complications that prevented you from transporting your hidden wealth to its original and intended destination for a period of ten-years, such as an entirely different country? What if you already knew that in ten years time you would be able to transport that wealth abroad to an entirely different country of choice where no such treaty existed, or even threatened to exist? What if you already knew exactly where that country was but that you just couldn't go there for another ten-years?

This is what is wrong with all of the KGC and CSA theories as there existed a number of “privately” held banks in the south where this wealth could have been easily transferred for safe keeping, many of these banks even being in the control of the many suspects these theories employ. However, this is not the case when one examines and applies the terms of the Adams Onis Treaty, not at all, as even these privately held banks could not protect against Spanish claim and almost certain seizure by the courts in face of the existing terms attached to the Adams Onis Treaty. So if you don't think the Adams Onis Treaty holds any possible relevance to the alleged two deposits, well then, perhaps you need to rethink things again.

As for that other possible country, there were many influential dignitaries and immigrants from other countries who wanted to return to their homelands but couldn't yet do so until certain restrictions still looming from the Nepolianic wars were lifted. Some of these, through political pressures and other means and events, were set to expire and did expire around the early 1830's. So what if you knew all of this prior to making those two deposits? What to do? What's the smart play?
NOTHING to do with CSA/KGC... NOT "Spanish" Territory... 1861-1865.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread