The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Fifty years ago today, the President of the United States was killed by a sniper in Dallas, Texas. Those of us old enough to remember that terrible day will never forget it.

Here's a copy of a poster displayed in that city prior to his fatal visit. There are very sad similarities between this and what people are writing and saying about our President today. The same tired accusations - he's a communist, he's the wrong religion, he aids our enemies, and the rest of the lies.

jfk-treason-flier.jpg

How sad that in five decades we have made remarkably little progress.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad he was shot. I never thought much of him, another rich boy who had it all from birth.
Strange though; Old Roo - He would of been part of the 1% your side hates so badly.
Crazy how things are - hmmmm.......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Government Documents are still classified 50 years later, don't you wonder why?

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:nono:

:icon_salut:

amazing how the haters don't even allow a memorial post to one of the United States of America's greatest presidents without insult and derision.
I joined and served due to JFK instilling a sense of duty into the children...
and these fools degrade a dead war hero...and a president who died by the hands of people like these insulters.
I really can not post appropriate language here.

god bless john f kennedy...and all those who have suffered his loss.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fifty years ago today, the President of the United States was killed by a sniper in Dallas, Texas. Those of us old enough to remember that terrible day will never forget it.

Here's a copy of a poster displayed in that city prior to his fatal visit. There are very sad similarities between this and what people are writing and saying about our President today. The same tired accusations - he's a communist, he's the wrong religion, he aids our enemies, and the rest of the lies.

View attachment 903152

How sad that in five decades we have made remarkably little progress.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

The same people will cry and whine about the next President too, while doing nothing about it....

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

amazing how the haters don't even allow a memorial post to one of the United States of America's greatest presidents without insult and derision.
and these fools degrade a dead war hero...and a president who died by the hands of people like these insulters.

Really PWP? Are you that blind? Old Roo started this post as an insult to the right - read it.

There are very sad similarities between this and what people are writing and saying about our President today. The same tired accusations - he's a communist, he's the wrong religion, he aids our enemies, and the rest of the lies.

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
The Ring Finder:

You find the truth to be an insult? I stated facts. Ugly to be sure. Facts nonetheless.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Who above your post degraded JFK? No one, JFK was born rich, that is a fact and it isnt degrading to be born rich.

Saying you didn't like a president is not degrading either.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think JFK would have sent troops to Viet Nam.
What a different world this would be today had he lived.
My flag is at half mast.
Don........

If you check I think JFK sent first troops there as advisers. .

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Treasure Hunter:

The post was "I never thought much of him, another rich boy who had it all from birth."

Perhaps you don't find "rich boy" degrading. I do. President Kennedy was a man, not a boy.

"...had it all from birth?" Lost his brother in World War II. Served in combat and was a hero saving his crew - read the story of what he did after the PT 109 went down if you doubt that.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter:

The post was "I never thought much of him, another rich boy who had it all from birth."

Perhaps you don't find "rich boy" degrading. I do. He was a man, not a boy.

"...had it all from birth?" Lost his brother in World War II. Served in combat and was a hero saving his crew - read the story of what he did after the PT 109 went down if you doubt that.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

O B I am old enough to remember JFK, I know all about his life story, I lived the Cuban Missile Crisis and I happen to be a conservative that admired JFK and I still do.

I firmly belied he was killed by CIA.....

I see nothing degrading in saying rich boy.

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Treasure Hunter:

Under President Eisenhower we secretly sent military aid to the French. Had that not been done, there’s an excellent chance we wouldn’t have seen the need to later send in troops when the French were defeated.

1959: Major Dale R. Buis and Master Sargeant Chester M. Ovnand become the first Americans to die in the Vietnam War when guerillas strike at Bienhoa.

Vietnam War Timeline

By 1962 the American government had contributed some $2,000,000,000 in aid to Viet Nam.

First combat troops sent in 1965 after the Gulf of Tonkin “incident.”

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pip and OldBookaroo,

OldBookaroo, I was in USAF Tech school in Rantool, Ill at Chanute AFB when he was assassinated. The base, like all military bases, went on lockdown and onto an elevated alert status. His death in this manner was truly the end of an innocense in this country and we will/can never get it back!

HOWEVER, to compare Kennedy to Obammy is somewhat REALLY REACHING! They were nothing alike in any way! They did not think alike in ANYWAY! In his ignauguration speech Kennedy said those famous words, "Ask NOT what your country can do for you, but what YOU CAN DO for your country"!

Obammy has a completely opposite view of Kennedy on that and many other liberal matters.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter:

Under President Eisenhower we secretly sent military aid to the French. Had that not been done, there’s an excellent chance we wouldn’t have seen the need to later send in troops when the French were defeated.

1959: Major Dale R. Buis and Master Sargeant Chester M. Ovnand become the first Americans to die in the Vietnam War when guerillas strike at Bienhoa.

Vietnam War Timeline

By 1962 the American government had contributed some $2,000,000,000 in aid to Viet Nam.

First combat troops sent in 1965 after the Gulf of Tonkin “incident.”

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Look when first advisors were sent, they were sent long before Gulf of Tonkin, which never actually happen.

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Unclebuck257:

Your "Obammy" is offensive. Racist, in my personal opinion.

I did not compare President Obama to President Kennedy. I compared the treatment each received from their enemies. Sadly, in fifty years remarkably little has changed in that regard for the better.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Treasure Hunter:

I agree with you regarding the Gulf of Tonkin incident.

Those two members of the US Military were killed in 1959. Mr. Kennedy became President in January 1961.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread