Black Man Arrested In Florida Over 60 Times - For Working

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Apparently there is a new crime in Florida - "Working while Black." This racial profiling thing isn't working out very well down there.

"Earl Sampson has been stopped and questioned by Miami Gardens police 258 times in four years.

"He’s been searched more than 100 times. And arrested and jailed 56 times.
Despite his long rap sheet, Sampson, 28, has never been convicted of anything more serious than possession of marijuana.

"Miami Gardens police have arrested Sampson 62 times for one offense: trespassing.
Almost every citation was issued at the same place: the 207 Quickstop, a convenience store on 207th Street in Miami Gardens.

"But Sampson isn’t loitering. He works as a clerk at the Quickstop.

"So how can he be trespassing when he works there?

"It’s a question the store’s owner, Alex Saleh, 36, has been asking for more than a year as he watched Sampson, his other employees and his customers, day after day, being stopped and frisked by Miami Gardens police. Most of them, like Sampson, are poor and black."

Read more here: In Miami Gardens, store video catches cops in the act - Miami Gardens / Opa-locka - MiamiHerald.com

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After watching the video....I can actually see WHY they would have done that.

First off. It doesnt look like he is wearing any sort of Uniform, Plus the guy had his pants around his ankles, looking like a lazy thug.

Then he throws something away and trolls back in the store....which im sure he wasnt all " Yes Sir, or Yes Officer" during any questions.

I can bet he has had more run-ins with the police then a pot charge

Now as for him getting arrested. Im not sure what that is about.

But I know the Miami Gardens area....and its no buneo...I doubt he is a fulltime employee there either

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's crazy -

I have been pulled over going to work 259 times and have been searched over 200 times by the Cops. I have never been convicted of a crime in my life. Maybe the title should have been "Working while white or black"

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I missed the parts of the Constitution that allows law enforcement to engage in illegal searches due to the way a person might be dressed...

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I missed the parts of the Constitution that allows law enforcement to engage in illegal searches due to the way a person might be dressed...

...Because it isnt in there....We all cant be walking around thinking of what is in the Constituion our whole life

Also up until the last 30 Years...People actually dressed with their pants AROUND THEIR WAIST....There is a Reason they are profiling in this area of Florida.

How much of the Constitution do you think Earl Samson can recite?...Do you think he even knows what year it was written?

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
DND:

You attempt to substitute speculation for facts.

The owner of the store stated he is an employee. You don't believe it. OK. But don't expect anyone else to believe your opinion.

How he dresses is up to him. You don't like it? Don't dress that way.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
TRF:

Have you tried using your turn signal?

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DND:

You attempt to substitute speculation for facts.

The owner of the store stated he is an employee. You don't believe it. OK. But don't expect anyone else to believe your opinion.

How he dresses is up to him. You don't like it? Don't dress that way.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Well, I cant argue with that.
You are correct. This is just my opinion.

Which is serioulsy why I probally wouldnt make it into law enforcement. I can admit, In high crimes areas, I would be alot more "proactive".

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other

I bet you missed the signs according to the Department of Homeland Stupidity that put you under suspicion as being a domestic terrorist by the way you dress.:laughing7:

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Red James cash:

The difference is between talking about something that actually happened to a citizen of the United States and something that somebody made up.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The difference is between talking about something that actually happened to a citizen of the United States and something that somebody made up.

Ok I guess the DHS made it up then,keep thinking that way,if thinking is what you want to call it.:laughing7:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In New York city the harass young black men everyday with a Frisk & Search,which is totally against the law,but the cops get away with it just like the TSA does at airports.Kind of reminds me of the Nazi's & the Jews.

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Red James cash:

I don't think it was the DHS that made it up.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Red James cash:

I don't think it as the DHS that made it up.

Good luck to all,

Look it up,youre a grown man arent you?Or do you need to be spoon fed info?Its all been posted in here countless times by me.Look in the FBI website,look in the DHS website,look in the DOJ website,look in the NSA website.You can do that cant you,its not hard.If not,I guess its just to hard for you and its much easier for you to remain ignorant of the truth.My guess is it will be the sentence before this one.

Tim NEPA

Feb 1, 2012
West Pittston, pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived near here for a few months a couple years ago. My girlfriend had gone into this area to visit a friend after work and I had to pick her up. After I picked her up 3 cop cars and a police suv swarmed on me about a half mile down the road. They said they pulled me over for a burnt out license plate light. I asked them how they could tell when they were riding about 10ft behind me with their high beams on. They then searched me, my girlfriend and my car. Of course they found nothing, gave me a fine for the license plate light and left. When they pulled away I walked around the back of my car and the light was working just fine. I called the police station the next day and got nowhere so I just never paid the fine and never heard anything about it.

OP
OP
Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Red James cash:

You can always be counted on for a friendly post to a fellow member of TN!

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived near here for a few months a couple years ago. My girlfriend had gone into this area to visit a friend after work and I had to pick her up. After I picked her up 3 cop cars and a police suv swarmed on me about a half mile down the road. They said they pulled me over for a burnt out license plate light. I asked them how they could tell when they were riding about 10ft behind me with their high beams on. They then searched me, my girlfriend and my car. Of course they found nothing, gave me a fine for the license plate light and left. When they pulled away I walked around the back of my car and the light was working just fine. I called the police station the next day and got nowhere so I just never paid the fine and never heard anything about it.

Thats really funny, cause just a little north of there, i got pulled over for the SAME THING....thou mine was out. I just didnt know how he saw it driving in the other direction...But same story...I got pulled...pulled out of the car, searched, then ticketed...I just figured it was cause i looked like a punk in my baggy clothes

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way this dude was walking I think that good heart cop was just showing him were the toilet paper is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread