Recovering Relics

Jan 12, 2010
New England
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garret Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! Today I thought would be a great day to do my first coin roll hunt. I went out to the bank and it was closed! They were all closed. It was really annoying.

I was planning on getting only 6 Penny Rolls and 1 Nickel roll for my first hunt, I don't want to spend a lot of money right away. I would like to know what are the chances of me getting a wheat penny if I buy 6 Penny rolls?

I will try to get my coins tomorrow and hopefully I can pull some nice old coins! HH!

Upvote 0

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recovering Relics said:
I would like to know what are the chances of me getting a wheat penny if I buy 6 Penny rolls?

.00001%

But then you never know. I once got over 20 rolls and theye were 100% wheats.

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
The chance of you getting a wheat penny in 6 rolls probably pretty good. The thought of you driving to a bank to get $5 worth of coins, bothers me. You could find an Indianhead cent or nickel every time and you would still be losing money. You don't have to drive to a bank however to buy coins. How close are retail businesses, to your home? Do any of your neighbors work at a bank? Think of somewhere you can walk to, that would sell you a couple rolls of nickels, etc.. And build that bankroll up as quickly as possible.

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
u should probably get 1-5 wheats, it depends on ur luck.......but i agree...u should buy like a box or somethin'... :dontknow:
good luck, and hh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread