goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Set out early this AM for a field trip, going to the coast to research land owners and try to secure permissions. On the way we stop by where we believe an old fairground used to be. Managed to get a number but to early to call, so off to the coast. Stopped in the city hall secured names and addresses (All out of state wouldn't you know)and managed to get one phone #. Super nice lady who really appreciated me calling but NO............. Didn't want to start something' but I'm sure to get my reward for being so respectful and calling. She was talking about the "next life" !!!!! I don't want to wait that long (least I'm hoping it's long). went on and made a second contact that I think will workout in the near future but his land is presently still snow covered. By now we're a little discouraged and heading for home and a little park swinging.. As we are heading north Indiankirk says what about that fairground? "OH YEA GIVE ME THAT NUMBER..I call the lady, introduce myself and explain what my hobby is, and ask if we could work the field behind her house. She said "You mean you want to swing those wand thingies out there?" "Yea" I said and she said sure!!!!!!!!!!! Next stop FAIRGROUNDS . The "field" turns out to be a sewer system so into the woods we go ..We move straight line kinda fast just looking for any signals. Five minutes and not a signal, no trash just quiet, clean ground ,almost weird. Then finally a hit and looks good at 7 inch's. I dig it and it's a barber :laughing7: :laughing7:. First signal in a new area and a barber I'm smiling now!!!! (My second barber this week)Ten minutes later and an Indian from the same time period ..We worked the area for another two hours and nothing else but the ground was only 50 percent open another week and we will go back .Finished the day at the old park and Indiankirk scored a colonial copper the second from there in two days.. Good luck to all this year HH Goldbill

Attachments

• DSCF0174.JPG
    DSCF0174.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 440
  • DSCF0175.JPG
    DSCF0175.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 441
  • DSCF0176.JPG
    DSCF0176.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 449
Upvote 0

indian kirk

Oct 24, 2010
maine
Detector(s) used
whites prizm 6t
hey buddy,I had a great day,till the next hope i get my coin dated cant seem to get pics to go on kirk

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Bill. Save one old coin for me for when I get there. :tongue3:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have places you can hunt down here too you know ! Too bad about the snow I finally have a saturday off cause I worked a double friday !

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice oldies!!! Congrats :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
goldbill

goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
Way to go Bill. Save one old coin for me for when I get there. :tongue3:
[/quote Gotcha What is it we always say........... They're never hunted out111 goldbill

OP
OP
goldbill

goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MaineRelic said:
I have places you can hunt down here too you know ! Too bad about the snow I finally have a saturday off cause I worked a double friday !
What's that song "Just call me and I'll be there" How do you comment on more than one post on one post?? Goldbill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread