August 5th 1939 nickel.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 470
Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep going 10,000 is just around the corner. Nice '39 nickel, too bad it wasn't a War Nickel.

HH, Ringfinder

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
DFX-Gregg said:
Another pile of clad and a 1939 nickel. I have started gridding out my closest park 1/2 block from house. I am going to work appx 30 ft by 30ft sections. 1st section completed, this will involve covering areas previously covered but at a much much slower pace. :)

By the find on that nickel, you should find some nice silver coins, by doing grids slow and easy.
Congrats on the OLD coin!!!!! ;D

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looks like you did good Gregg ! not much fun for me this weekened too hot yesterday and got called in to work in the afternoon then today ,,,, rain, got in another half hour so only found about a dollar between me and the wife :-\ congrats gregg ;)

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Thats the way I do it. You may not get as many finds in a day as you are use to, but you find everything you normally would have missed. It just takes longer to cover a field or park than most people want to spend. Way to go, and thats a pretty good pile for the work your putting into it. The next guy won't have a chance.

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
Well done....But am I the only one that noticed...Your coins are much more dirty than usual....You slackin on us? LOL....Hurry up and hit 10000 so we can all push you to 12000. ;)

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
piggman1 said:
Thats the way I do it. You may not get as many finds in a day as you are use to, but you find everything you normally would have missed. It just takes longer to cover a field or park than most people want to spend. Way to go, and thats a pretty good pile for the work your putting into it. The next guy won't have a chance.

I kind of liked your idea and drawings so thought this park a half block from my house was a good place to grid. Tomorrow going to a different park...will continue gridding later in week.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
outraged said:
Well done....But am I the only one that noticed...Your coins are much more dirty than usual....You slackin on us? LOL....Hurry up and hit 10000 so we can all push you to 12000. ;)

Actually 90% of my coins are dug from dirt if you go through my posts...Just the last week or two I have been mixing in wood chip hunts to make it a little easier on my back! :) 12000 might be a stretch...10,000 and I would be happy seeing my original goal was 5500.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Yea, I'm starting a new one in the morning too. It looks like it has great potentual. I'm going to grid it in units smaller than I have been in the past. Good luck to ya Bud! I'll be waiting to see your finds.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Thanks everyone for the responses....it really helps reading them and also reading all of your posts. I usually need a push lately because I am getting out more...but always some inspiring posts in this forum... :)

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
piggman1 said:
Yea, I'm starting a new one in the morning too. It looks like it has great potentual. I'm going to grid it in units smaller than I have been in the past. Good luck to ya Bud! I'll be waiting to see your finds.

Will mention when I go back there....usually on my days off because it is so close. I leave for work soon...work midnights...will be out for a hunt in morning if the rain is not to bad...either way I will probably dodge rain drops for a while! :) Once again your finds have helped me decide to do this. :)

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Good game plan Greg. You are really kicking it on the coin count. I bet that park will still hold out a few big surprises for you. Good luck!

HH
Baldingboy

R

RUDY2003

Cool Gregg...You know 1939 was the year Hitler invaded Poland to begin the second world war.....

Keep safe...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread