New Metal Detector

Steve in Michigan

Apr 9, 2005
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Freedon Ace
Hi Everyone,

Im not sure if this is the right place for this, if not, I apologize, but Friday my wife surprised me with a bonus check she received at work, $300.00 to be exact. She laid it on my computer keyboard and said......Time to get your new detector! I looked at her and said really? And she said yes. Now one thing you don't know, is that I have two kids that are very active in everything. Football, baseball, figure skating, Pon Poms, speed skating, etc, etc.. It seemed that everytime I wanted to get a new detector, there was always something else that was needed. Well this went on for 11 years. I've been using the same Garrett Freedom Ace since I started this hobby 11 years ago. The detector has been great and have found many coins and jewelry. So you can see why I am so happy. I couldn't afford a "new" detector, but I came really close. I just bought a Garretts GPT 1350. It is being shipped to me tomorrow and I can't wait. I'm like a kid waiting for Santa right now. I was going to try a Whites detector, but I've used Garrett for so long and I've always been pleased with their performance and their service department, so I stuck with them. I'm sorry I'm rambling, but I just had to tell you all, so I hope I can start posting some new pics of my finds from my new detector this coming week. Take care!

Your Friend,

Steve in Michigan ;D

Upvote 0

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Steve there is a forum dedicated to garrett users over at findmall.com take a look...you should get some help and support there. Good luck man...you waited a long time to get a new detector ...go out and have some fun! :) My kids are in all the sports too...but I always squeeze in hunting time! ;)

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Congrats on buying the new detector. Having a Wife like yours, PRICELESS!!!!!

HH, Ringfinder

9volt

Nov 2, 2006
south carolina
Detector(s) used
Explorer.SE
you are a very lucky man....i also have a woman who never lets me want for anything...detectors,trucks,dune buggy ...the list goes on and on...you better give her a big kiss and all the rings you can find with the new detector ;D ;D ;D

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
That's what I call love! It's hard to find a wife like that....for me, it's hard to find a wife period. :D

R

RUDY2003

High five Steve! You have a great family, after all thats what it's all about.

Keep diggin'...

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Now that is a kick ass wife! Good luck with the new detector!
Baggins

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Besides having kids, your wife is a real keeper! :o The kind of wife we all need. HH with the new detector and you know the first ring goes to her, don't you haha.

Desertfox

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Congrats first on having such an understanding wife, and second...congrats on the new detector. Now, get out there and find a $5,000 ring with that new detector, and give her the ring. ::) ::)

Good luck!
--Mel

borninok

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Loosemoose said:
Good luck with the new detector Steve, now you've just gotta find some spare time in between the kids sports, birthdays etc.

Find it(time)...make it(time)...sneak out of the house...don't come home after work....do what you have to do! Now rip the box open and go learn that mean machine! :)

WYO1

Oct 23, 2004
Heres how I got my new detector.
First I bought Minlab se without telling my wife. Then at dinner, about half way through I said "honey I did a bad thing"
Immediately I could tell she was thinking about all the bad things I could possible have done. (Infidelity, wrecked the truck, lost my job etc.) Then she says well what did you do?
I just kind hemmed and hawed then said I really don't know how to say it.
Well then I could tell the wheels were really turning inside here head. She finally says well just spit it out!
I waited about another 30 seconds for effect and finally said "I bought a new detector."

I could see a quick flash of relief in her eyes when she found out I wasn't a philanderer or murderer. Heck she hardly got mad at all. At least until I told her how much I spent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread