The Civil War monster that was shot down...

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any of you Civil war guys heard any lore pertaining to the Preterodactyl that was shot down in 1864?

The pic I posted here has bin deemed a original print and not a hoax, a simple search online will bring up lots of info and a site dedicated to recent sittings...

not sure what to think here and makes me wonder what the solders did with the carcess and skull....

Real-Dino.jpeg

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abraham Lincoln once said...."if you read it from the internet, it gots to be true"

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To me those soldiers look MUCH too clean and well dressed to be soldiers. Also notice none are super thin. Most soldiers became super-thin from all the daily marching and poor diet. They look like JC Penny clothes models.lol Just compare to a real photo of Civil War soldiers and you'll see real fast how fake it is.

Last edited:

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its already bin deemed not a hoax as preveusly stated...

heres a link for a few more pics...

https://www.google.com/search?q=pte...bb44MLgAhVI_oMKHX6XD2kQ9QEwAHoECAAQBA#imgrc=_

Look at this LINK from your link. My link is about a Tombstone, AZ article on 'flying creature" being shot. And at the bottom is an altered photo using a different, original photo of a posse standing over a dying train robber.

Old West fictionalized "reporting". Fighting for readership and paying visitors to town after the silver mines went bust?

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Oh-but-if-only "experts", being made to comment positively on something you "led" them to say, could be conclusive.

Experts, given the "just the right questions" , can be made to seem to be affirming just about ANYTHING. Take for example the "American Unearthed" and "Oak Island" shows: Various episodes are/were riddled with "experts" to comment, eh ? Archies, historians "professional treasure hunters", etc... And yet I think we can all agree that most of it is just plain silly sensationalism.

OP
OP
Toecutter

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya it sparked my intrest just like big foot, lol im not trying to convince anyone here, just wasnt sure what to think after reading the pic was deemed original....

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a hoax, and has never been verified as real by any legitimate source. Several of the links in the one you posted explain why it is a hoax.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread