Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went to a place to eat for lunch today. It was supposed to be a steakhouse/BBQ place. We had been there a few times in the past only to be disappointed in what we had got. However, they did had a decent hamburger and that was why we went there today. Well, I got to looking at the menu and decided to try something else. I basically was kicking myself for ordering something other than the burger. My wife went with a salad with steak slices in it. I had ordered a steak quesadilla with a side of beans. The quesadilla was supposed to have rib eye steak in it but it was very greasy and the meat almost burnt. The wife had gone and gotten some garlic bread to go with her salad and a I ate a couple of pieces of that. When we left, she asked how my meal was and that was when I told her, Well, the garlic bread was good. Come to think of it, that was what I had said the last time we ate there LOL. Small town, so little choices of places to eat......(it is what it is and it ain't what it ain't)

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like Outback Steakhouse to me...Never going back.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In most cases its not so much the restaurant but a crappy cook who should be a whopper flopper

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
its a trend,alot of places to cut cost have gone to paying a good wage to not beening a mom and pop place ,and im in s florida so sad ….

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even whoppers don't taste good anymore.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have an Outback nearby, and has yet to put a smile on my face. I’ve only been there three times, but each time it was a big disappointment. Mama likes it, so she goes there with her lady friends. All they really care about is that they didn’t have to cook that night...I don’t blame them after all the years of cooking for kids that say..."Ewww...what’s that?" or "I don’t want that. Can I have something else?"

Chain restaurants rarely impress me, but we’re fortunate to have a lot of Mom n Pop places that make simple, good comfort food. I love to cook and do most of the cooking at home, but when we go out, we usually end up at one of the home cooking places.

My home cooking...cabbage & noodles

8503F429-5CC6-44C4-AC90-C38BAA2CE60B.jpeg

Last edited:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is bad when your main course stinks and the bread is the best part of it. Some of the best food I've eaten has come from Mom & Pop restaurants and "Greasy Spoon" type. Have have some of my best meals in the places that look like old railroad cars with extensions added to them. Tommy, you know it's bad when you go to the home of the Whopper just to grab a salad because it is the best thing on the menu!

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is bad when your main course stinks and the bread is the best part of it. Some of the best food I've eaten has come from Mom & Pop restaurants and "Greasy Spoon" type. Have have some of my best meals in the places that look like old railroad cars with extensions added to them. Tommy, you know it's bad when you go to the home of the Whopper just to grab a salad because it is the best thing on the menu!

I’m a bread baker for the past 9 years, and the steak houses that bring you a "fresh loaf of hot bread" to have with your meal, have never taken a culinary class in bread. You NEVER cut a loaf of bread when it is hot, because it lets out all of the internal steam before it can gelatinize the crumb. As soon as the loaf is cut, it collapses and turns into a gummy mess. Bread is ready to cut when it’s internal temperature reaches room temperature, which is between 2-3 hours on a raised cooling rack. Basically, they turn good bread into trash can goo. Yet another reason to avoid steak houses, because every one of them does this. Collective ignorance!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fun time, thanks for sharing! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions