The Clue # 6

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Cache : Gold & Silver coins, Bullion, Jewelry
In the 1860's a group of outlaws ravaged the countryside. A man named Squire had a cabin near Biloxi Creek about 12 miles SSE of Lufkin. He buried the loot near his cabin in an iron pot near Grimes Hill and within a mile of where Hgwy 1818 crosses the creek. He got in a fight with the other robbers and was killed before the location of the loot was given to the others. They fled the country side without the loot. it is probably still there.
It will require a bit of leg work with a detector, but this sounds findable. The key is finding Grimes Hill. It gives you a base to start detecting. Good luck, Frank

Upvote 0

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some great stories you're sharing :thumbsup:

Try to find me something in NJ, it doesn't even have to be a legal hunting area :laughing9:

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn thanks for the clues It's good just to hear all your stories even if I don't get to act on them .

Jonnie

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn, I live about ten miles from there. Interesting story. Would like to know more.....

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Brian, get together with Tmanfromtexas. He has looked at the site already. It really helps with a partner and there is plenty for all. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions