The Curse of Civil War Gold

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
https://www.monstersandcritics.com/...ar-gold-new-treasure-hunting-show-on-history/

Just saw a brief preview. From the same folks that brought us The Curse of Oak Island. Just happens to be up by Marty Lagina's neck of the woods and they just happen to be using the same guy who does the metal detecting from The Curse of Oak Island, ( Gary Drayton ).

Some say the guys on Oak Island had some type of argument ? and maybe this is why ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched it last night and it was so boring. Everything they find points towards their theory. ??? I am getting tired of hearing all these "tunnels" adding to their theory :dontknow:. So far, NONE of the tunnels have proven to have been used to smuggle gold. Now they are saying that the assassination of Lincoln was linked to their stolen/lost gold theory :BangHead: . Brad, their researcher, seems so far out of touch. When they meet up with someone else with information, Brad looks confused and lost. Shouldn't a researcher be aware of all the stories ? Shouldn't he be one of the smartest guys on a team ?

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Table talk that's all it was tonight and now looking for another tunnel that John Wilkes Booth had hidden in?

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I watched it for a few minutes, and afterwards I was like "dude, you need a lesson in Civil War artifacts, man."

How in the freakin' heck do you sink a 19th century boxcar in the MIDDLE of a lake? And how come everything is connected to the gold stealers in one way or another?

Nothing but a made up Yankee myth is what I say.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think most of the Tnet members can find this gold, before that researcher dude finds out Santa Claus isn't real either.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too much Talk about Research and, "could it Be's & could it Mean's from the announcer.
I like research, But not Listening to someone I Don't believe talk about their Research.
They find a Ground disturbance & That's supposed to Prove or even Suggest Booth Escaped ? :BangHead: and 3 Gold Nuggets Prove a Confederate Treasure conspiracy?

& they search where they are Not allowed to follow through :dontknow:

They drove me the way I went with Oak Island I'm done !

Deleted last nights episode when they decided to take gold Nuggets to show them to Lagina.
I Shouldn't have even wasted my Time Recording it.

Bring back the Yamashita Treasure Search !
& Diggers !
at least they were allowed to dig

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggers was goofy and embarrassing, but its still 1000% better than the garbage being shown lately.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Reminds me of the show Mountain Monsters. So bad, it's entertaining.

OP
OP
Simon1

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Last night's last episode was the best in my opinion. Why ? Because Marty was pissed at them ! These guys have taken to much liberty in almost everything they do and Marty was just financing a circus. I enjoyed seeing/hearing Marty voice his displeasure. Especially the GPS coordinates. Last night the team of pro divers said they could find the target if dropped within 100', Kevin and his team said they could get them within 25-30' of target area. The pros went out past the 200' mark. Now they "theorize" someone is out to sabotage their project by dumping gold painted bricks. This kind off reminds me of the "red handprints" in ANOTHER History Channel show : Legend of the Superstition Mountains . Where it seems that apparently someone with the ? production company went ahead of the team and placed these red handprints in an attempt to shake up a member or two in regards to active ancient curses. Gold painted bricks does sound like a production company stunt and Kevin and his team and the pro divers did seem genuinely thrilled at what they saw and then how disappointed they ALL were when they realized it was not what they had thought it was.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night's last episode was the best in my opinion. Why ? Because Marty was pissed at them ! These guys have taken to much liberty in almost everything they do and Marty was just financing a circus. I enjoyed seeing/hearing Marty voice his displeasure. Especially the GPS coordinates. Last night the team of pro divers said they could find the target if dropped within 100', Kevin and his team said they could get them within 25-30' of target area. The pros went out past the 200' mark. Now they "theorize" someone is out to sabotage their project by dumping gold printed bricks. This kind off reminds me of the "red handprints" in ANOTHER History Channel show : Legend of the Superstition Mountains . Where it seems that apparently someone with the ? production company went ahead of the team and placed these red handprints in an attempt to shake up a member or two in regards to active ancient curses. Gold painted bricks does sound like a production company stunt and Kevin and his team and the pro divers did seem genuinely thrilled at what they saw and then how disappointed they ALL were when they realized it was not what they had thought it was.

Hmmm , I'll have to look & see if it will Re-Air.
I Canceled Recording it a few weeks ago after the Gold Nuggets as Confederate Treasure Stunt.

Been Binge Watching 3rd. Rock from the sun on Tubi.
More Believable Characters :coffee2:

Don't get me wrong, Confederate Treasure ? Possible Somewhere. HOWEVER ...
These Yahoos getting TV Producers involved ? Not Likely to find it !

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot I could watch it on On-Demand, Had to fast forward through probably 40 Minutes of it
First Thought was a Heavy Gold Bar, from over 100 Years ago,
Laying on top of the Sand ? :tongue3: drop a Clad dime & Find it an hour later :BangHead:

As for the Culprit, I Could run the Big List, From Ya-hoo Joker who doesn't believe in Treasure
Doing it, To Producers for drama , To State, or Army Core hoping to Frustrate them.
To the Hunters Themselves.

Many possibilities. Maybe even some Rival Treasure Believers, Who aren't afraid to Do a Night Dive, wanting to Drive everyone away.

1 a Fluke Maybe. Strange things Happen. But the fact they saw Many of them Just spread across the Bottom, was Proof to me , They weren't Heavy.

Last edited:

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I haven't seen it in a few weeks, cause last time I saw it 99% of the show was just dumb conspiracy theories and the other 1% was something like they went on the boat on the water and it was a little choppy, so they wussied out and never even got into the water. By this time it was near the end of the hour and the narrator showed a fake gold brick teaser like they have all season long at the end of the episode. When I was falling asleep all throughout the show, and surfing on the internet mostly, I figured it was time to end the misery. lol

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pretty sure it would be OK to salvage a gold painted brick it would be considered trash under salvage laws.I find it hard to believe when first found laying on the sand that person would not have just picked it up laying on top of the sand what an embarrassment.

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
I am pretty sure it would be OK to salvage a gold painted brick it would be considered trash under salvage laws.I find it hard to believe when first found laying on the sand that person would not have just picked it up laying on top of the sand what an embarrassment.
Totally agree. Why couldn't the numbnuts pick up a brick and later do an analysis on it and the paint for age? I did get a kick out of hearing Marty almost lose his $hit last night.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched it for a few minutes, and afterwards I was like "dude, you need a lesson in Civil War artifacts, man."

How in the freakin' heck do you sink a 19th century boxcar in the MIDDLE of a lake? And how come everything is connected to the gold stealers in one way or another?

Nothing but a made up Yankee myth is what I say.

Agree, how in the middle of a storm do you have the ability on let's call it a cargo ship, to push off a boxcar. I would guess the weight of the boxcar, as its center of mass is at a critical point on the ship, would cause the ship to tip over and sink.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK which one of youns painted the bricks gold?? Smells like a TNet deed....... They ought to get at least 3 or 4 episodes on the bricks alone..... The paint they said is new....but it looks like about 1855 PPG paint. That stuff had 120 percent lead and would have lasted till now.... Maybe the confederacy was using painted gold bricks during the whole war all along! Stay tuned for another year or so and we will findout........

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK which one of youns painted the bricks gold?? Smells like a TNet deed....... They ought to get at least 3 or 4 episodes on the bricks alone..... The paint they said is new....but it looks like about 1855 PPG paint. That stuff had 120 percent lead and would have lasted till now.... Maybe the confederacy was using painted gold bricks during the whole war all along! Stay tuned for another year or so and we will findout........

Good point and why were they looking so close to shore and why did they need the two professional divers from the Oak Island show to find the same gold bricks they had already found. Also, why would gold bricks that have been on the bottom of the lake for over 150 years not be buried under the sand. I didn't see any evident of a box car in the vicinity either...

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point and why were they looking so close to shore and why did they need the two professional divers from the Oak Island show to find the same gold bricks they had already found. Also, why would gold bricks that have been on the bottom of the lake for over 150 years not be buried under the sand. I didn't see any evident of a box car in the vicinity either...

That is what is really strange why bring the pro divers in when they could have just picked them up themselves.

ToyMan

Jul 25, 2005
Hokey, hokey, hokey. Too many mistakes for any th’er to make. First off, the box car has enough steel in it to send a mag up at least 10,000 gammas. Why no mag survey? The gold bars would be right next to the wheels.

They go out with one set of tanks each. Duh. Their gps must be really screwed up.

Why not put an underwater marker on the site. I could go on and on but you get my drift.

Ron

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want to say they should get rid of the TV Producers & Cameras,
Because I Do enjoy some of these Treasure hunting shows.

But First thing I'd do is Shop around for Different TV Producers
If they don't have a Unbreakable Contract.

Get rid of all connections to Oak Island.
imo there is a Stigma there.
7 Seasons & No Forward Motion.

Every Season, They do the same Thing and get nowhere.
Detect a Little, Connect everything they find with the Oak Island treasure.
Get a Visit from Old Lady's & Fawn over them. Visit another Country.
Play around with Water, Speculate, And wait for the Next Season.

Like Toyman Suggested. If the Bars are Down There, They didn't float away from the Trains landing Spot.
With that much weight it would have Gone Straight Down:coffee2:

My Guess next season if there is one.
Knights Templars, Or KGC Will get blamed for Planting the Fake Gold to throw them off

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread