The Cycle of CRHing

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Excitement - Have $2200 bankroll all ready to pick up 4 boxes of halves and 2 boxes of nickels from one bank.
2. Uneasiness - Reality of moving 6 heavy boxes from bank to car.
3. Happiness - Teller offers use of dolly to move boxes from bank to car.
4. Paranoia - 100's of people (more like 4) see you taking $2200 to your car and they all want to steal it!
5. Relief - Coins are loaded in car.
6. Return of paranoia - those people are going to steal my coins while I return the dolly!
7. Relief squared - My car is still there and no one hit me on the head as I entered the car.
8. Jonesing - gotta get home and rip open these solid rolls of AG open!
9. Fear - is that car following me? Was he in the bank?
10. Fist pump - Yes, made it home, in one piece, with my solid rolls of silver!
11. Regret - two teenage boys aren't home to help carry in the boxes. I'll just do it myself.
12. Joy - '66 half in the first roll! Dream box here we come!
13. Head shaking - rolls 2-6 produce nothing. Oh well, here we go again. Forget the dream box.
14. Thrilled - another '66 rolls out and we are back on the AG!
15. Heavy sigh - rolls 8-50 got nothing.
16. Shrug - 2 in a box is pretty good for me. Let's tear into these other 3 boxes of halves.
17. Funk getting funkier - roll after roll, for 150 rolls, nothing.
18. Forget half boxes - it's all about the nickels!
19. Heavy sigh - no war nickels, but one 1936 Buff.
20. Sad face - now I have to carry nearly $2200 back to car.
21. Regret - walking into dump bank knowing they'll be unhappy to see me.
22. Relief - coins are dumped, got my wad of cash and ready to pick up those boxes!
23. Repeat as often as possible, knowing there are good days to come!!

66.jpg

36.png

Upvote 0

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fortunately, or unfortunately (pending on how one looks at it) I know that cycle all too well. Happy Hunting...Brad

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I can relate to that very well, though on a much smaller monetary scale.

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, you reminded me yesterday I entered a bank to buy nickels and there were 4 shady people hanging around just outside the front door. The security guard was coming out the door as I went into the bank. I assumed he would ask the shady folks to leave.

After I picked up $100 in nickels (the rolls weren't in a bag...poor planning on my part because the bank was out of bags, so now I'm trying to not drop any of the 50 rolls), I headed out the front door of the bank and as I did I asked the security guard if "those people were still outside".

He said they were, and he was waiting for the police to arrive because they refused to leave when he asked them to leave. I took a deep breath and exited the bank anyway. Thankfully, I made it to my car without dropping any rolls. I imagine the shady folks would have come running if I had dropped any!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread