Great unexpected score! May have missed the mother load!

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work at a financial that has a self serve coin machine. It's a rarity that anyone uses us for dumping large quantities of coin so when our half dollar bag in the machine fills up its easy to notice. Over the weekend there was $47 worth of halves run through so I thought I'd take a look. My boss knows I collect and doesn't mind a coin for coin swap. Lo and behold the surface if the bag was teaming with silver and every handful yielded several keepers. Final results below.

64-16
65-2
66-9
67-14
68-27
68-20

Total of 88 coins, $44 FV. I had an inkling to check dimes as well and with 2 handfuls checked produced a dozen or so keepers. Didn't spend much time lookin over dimes but boss might let me buy the bag once it's full depending on the logistics of it. Ended up with 23 Roosevelt keepers.

I was curious if the same person had turned in the half dollars and dimes so I checked some of the slips for the machine and sure enough the person who had halves also had $12 worth of dimes and $50 worth of quarters they ran through. Unfortunately the quarter bag had filled up and had already been sent away with the armored car company before I could check so I'll never know. I hope it was loaded with silver and some more hunters see some great results here in the future.

Not a bad day! I haven't actively hunted in over a year so when a good score falls in my lap I don't complain! :)

IMG_20161019_211706822.jpg IMG_20161019_211659968.jpg

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Is there any JOB OPENINGS? Fantastic haul. At that rate, you should do very nicely over time, called BENNIES of the job. Congrats on the find(s).

ironman123

Sep 1, 2016
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400 w/DD Coil.
Nokta Makro Legend Pro Pak w/11" and 6" Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a good day at work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread