The deal of my life on EBAY, Excalibur II brand new!

lespaul337

Jan 17, 2014
Lake Charles
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Waterproof Pro Pointer, MineLab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been waiting to snipe off a good beach detector for about 2 weeks now and finally one came along. I am happy to announce that I am the proud owner of a brand new MineLab Excalibur II and it only cost me $885 shipped. This was an auction with no reserve and I got lucky. It is from a dealer with thousands of positive feedback, I should have it in a week!! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Mine Lab 3303 0106 Excalibur II Underwater Metal Detector | eBay

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, no need to buy a lotto ticket - you ALREADY won!! :icon_biggrin:

Can't believe it went so cheap. Brand new? From a respectable dealer? WOW!! :thumbsup:

Just went to their website - they're selling that model in their store for $1,948.99!!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That's an awesome buy and way easier to pay off with the killer finds you are going to get!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
For THAT machine at THAT price, ...yeah, I could handle those shipping charges. :thumbsup:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
885+ 124. Yes that's about what they can be purchased for if you know where to look

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
885+ 124. Yes that's about what they can be purchased for if you know where to look

I think he got it for $885 total. So he probably saved around $200. Good deal on a new machine but that seller is a bit shady with the $124 shipping.

OP
OP
L

lespaul337

Jan 17, 2014
Lake Charles
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it was 884.95 total.. 760 + 124.95 shipping. I would like another one for my dad so could you guys who said you can get them for this price if you know where to look please tell me where to look? I would greatly appreciate it.

OP
OP
L

lespaul337

Jan 17, 2014
Lake Charles
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know you guys have all the hook ups, I'm a newbie and I cant find a new one cheaper than $1499 anywhere.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
it was 884.95 total.. 760 + 124.95 shipping. I would like another one for my dad so could you guys who said you can get them for this price if you know where to look please tell me where to look? I would greatly appreciate it.

You have to contact, preferably call, the dealers. They can give you a good deal but they cant list those prices. The more expensive the detector the better the deal usually.

Last edited:

USERNAME IS VALID

Feb 27, 2016
Norcal
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II
XP DEUS
TESORO VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't remember what it was, I think it was a knife I wanted to buy, everyone on ebay had them for $400 and I found one for $100! Being new I didn't check the shipping charge and they turned out to be $375! I jumped on it and did a buy it now, thank goodness the guy let me off when I told him what happened!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, I hope it's not a china copy knockoff. It worries me that they always say "mine lab" when it's a single word. Sometimes they do things like that to skirt the law.

Good luck.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Good luck, I hope it's not a china copy knockoff. It worries me that they always say "mine lab" when it's a single word. Sometimes they do things like that to skirt the law.

Good luck.
Good point Jason. We all know there are LOTS of junkers out there for sale on-line...

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm surprised at how many are considering this machine might be a fake. If it were coming from China, I'd say yes. But the seller is Power Hobby, with stores all over the New England area (from what I can gather). They have a FABULOUS rating on eBay, where they've been since 2002. This is cheap advertising for them. They sell a top-line machine for a discount (maybe more discounted than they "planned" on, but...), and in return they get all this FREE publicity in the largest MD forum on the net! ...And the advertising will continue as the buyer continues to pull great finds for Show & Tell. It's a win-win for everyone.

In another thread, a Tnet sponsor is giving away a Garrett, I think 350? GIVING away!! With extras!! Retail value over $1,000.00. It's cheap, long-term advertising, and very effective. I applaud both companies!!

EDIT: Sorry, a Garrett was just given away. I was thinking about the Fisher that's currently up for grabs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lespaul337

Jan 17, 2014
Lake Charles
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not concerned. I make my living off of ebay and amazon so I know to do some research before making a purchase. Also, on the off chance that it is a fake, I can easily get my money back thanks to ebay and paypal buyer protection.. Ill let you guys know when it comes in. I should have it next Monday.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
A lot of negativity for no reason. If the man is happy with the detector and the price, it's really none of our business. lespaul337, congratulations on a terrific deal. Bet you find more in one outing than some of us do in a lifetime.:thumbsup:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of negativity for no reason. If the man is happy with the detector and the price, it's really none of our business. lespaul337, congratulations on a terrific deal. Bet you find more in one outing than some of us do in a lifetime.:thumbsup:

Well arent you just being an ass this morning. Negativity? No, its called being cautious. Ever heard the expression "if its too good to be true....". None of our business? We are all here to help each other. Not everyone here has been doing this for decades and knows what to watch out for. WE are just trying to help each out. I hope everything works goes perfect for the sale. Its a great deal on a great detector. lespaul, I will just advise that when you do get the detector, contact Minelab and verify the serial number.

Good luck, be sure and post that first gold ring you find with it!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
--- mental note --- make sure Jason has his cup of coffee BEFORE turning on the computer! :laughing9:

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
I am not concerned. I make my living off of ebay and amazon so I know to do some research before making a purchase. Also, on the off chance that it is a fake, I can easily get my money back thanks to ebay and paypal buyer protection.. Ill let you guys know when it comes in. I should have it next Monday.

Awesome. I would definitely check with minelab no matter where I bought it from to set up warranty and such. Hopefully its all good. More than likely it is. The shipping cost and them saying 'mine lab' is a good reason to say its shady but the seller themselves is not so it should work out.

A lot of negativity for no reason. If the man is happy with the detector and the price, it's really none of our business.

I think its good to suggest he follows up with minelab to ensure everything a-ok once he gets it. While ebay is usually a good experience I think we have all been involved in a bad deal there. One time I got something for way lower than it should of went for. It was cards worth well over $500 and I got the lot for like $31. The seller claimed they damaged them or something so I never got it and it was canceled. I had another person mad at me for selling when it took like 5 days total from purchase to get to their house in HI over xmas. I shipped priority the day they paid but they were up in arms that it took so long. I never promised it would be fast either. In fact, I told them that it was the holidays + going to HI from the mainland so it might be 10 days. Always good to err on the side of caution on those sites and with the 30 day return policy he has plenty of time to check that its all good.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. I would definitely check with minelab no matter where I bought it from to set up warranty and such. Hopefully its all good. More than likely it is. The shipping cost and them saying 'mine lab' is a good reason to say its shady but the seller themselves is not so it should work out.

One more thing, "Power Hobby" is not an authorized MINELAB dealer so where did this "brand new" excal come from?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread