The Detectorists

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Just finished season 1 on netflix. What a brilliantly fun and poignant little gem this show is. Will probably take my time w season 2 so I have something to look forward to until S.3 comes out. Just an absolutely WONDERFUL program.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great program, love this type of subtle humour.

The part that I enjoy the most about British television is that they use everyday looking people, and not unrealistically beautiful people in every roll of just about every character.

I think Racheal Sterling is kind of hot ;)

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just finished season 1 on netflix. What a brilliantly fun and poignant little gem this show is. Will probably take my time w season 2 so I have something to look forward to until S.3 comes out. Just an absolutely WONDERFUL program.

It really is a great show isn't it? Over the past few nights, I watched season 1 over again and tonight I will be into season 2...again, ha ha. I did see some things I missed the first time around which is always good.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely love that show and the theme song :occasion14:

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ILL BE YOUR TREASURE!!!

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked how the theme song and it's composer was incorporated into an episode.
When I first got Netflix I watched part of the first episode then turned it off because I thought I was going to see a documentary about detectorists, not a sitcom. I rediscovered it because of this thread and watched the first three episodes. When my fiance got home from work I told her about it then gave her a complete rundown of the episodes she missed. We then proceeded to watch the rest of series 1 that night then series 2 over the next two nights then went back to watch the three episodes she missed. We are both hooked.

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I especially love the way the character of Lance talks about those idiots from the other club saying.."Look, it's Simon and GarFUNKel." I like how he shifts the accent to the Funk, ha ha.

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, I just discovered that Mr. Crook, the writer and director of this great show, was one of the pirates in the Pirates Of The Caribean movies. He was the guy with the wooden eye. I just thought that he reminded me of this fellow then, I checked IMDB and sure enough, it was indeed him! Maybe everyone in England already knew this...and possibly most the folks here in the US but, I did not know this until just a short while ago. This guy is a multi-talented genius!

Bill

Last edited:

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew he looked familiar. The other guy is on Whispering Pines. Very enjoyable show. I'm on episode 9.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I just discovered that Mr. Crook, the writer and producer of this great show, was one of the pirates in the Pirates Of The Caribean movies. He was the guy with the wooden eye. I just thought that he reminded me of this fellow then, I checked IMDB and sure enough, it was indeed him! Maybe everyone in England already knew this...and possibly most the folks here in the US but, I did not know this until just a short while ago. This guy is a multi-talented genius!

Bill

Hes also a real detectorist!

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hes also a real detectorist!

Really? That is cool. I knew someone had to be because they really have seemed to capture the sad realities (pull tabs, drink cans, etc.) and the euphoric pleasures of a decent find. I like how Lance said something like: "Finding that king's burial location would be the holy grail of treasure hunting." Andy replies: "Finding the holy grail would be the holy grail of treasure hunting."

You just do not find writing like that on any other show I have ever watched. Brilliant.

Bill

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just had a thought which I hope Mackenzie Crook has already thought of...they should make up and sell camouflage fleeces with the DMDC logo on them. I'll bet they would sell a lot more of them then they could imagine. Hmmmm.

Bill

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just had a thought which I hope Mackenzie Crook has already thought of...they should make up and sell camouflage fleeces with the DMDC logo on them. I'll bet they would sell a lot more of them then they could imagine. Hmmmm.

Bill

I've actually searched the net with the thought that SOMEONE is selling them already. :occasion14:

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to the show, there are 127 left.. :laughing7:
Finished it today. Now I wait for season 3.

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've actually searched the net with the thought that SOMEONE is selling them already. :occasion14:

Me too, ha ha. That is exactly what I mean. They would sell a ton of them. Maybe they could even work a deal with some detector companies/retailers so these could become an added bonus when you buy their detector...etc. or at least maybe get a % off. They need to do this.

Bill

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This isn't it, is it?

IMG_2917.JPG

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this while searching and thought it was hilarious.

IMG_2918.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread