🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All from a supposedly hunted out colonial field that's been hit by many diff machines. First time a Deus has been there. This is from 3 diff hunts. The little coin is a 1784 1/2 Reale. This machine slams on buttons and other mid tone targets. I'm loving it. Sorry about the thread title.
IMG_4980.JPG IMG_4981.JPG IMG_4982.JPG IMG_4983.JPG

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terrible absolutely terrible.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to several sites, two of which I had hammered and you're right. It absolutely sucked relics out of the ground. Especially at the parks, coin after coin after coin, sucked right out of the ground, got tired of digging them.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome sucking sound coming from the Deus.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one park in particular, well, numerous clubs have hammered it for years. After about an hour and a half I got bored with about the 30th coin, including a couple wheats and a 1927 Buffalo. And a CW period button, nothing on the front.

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokey what program you running?

What is that big emblem looking thing?

I have to laugh at you saying your getting bored and tired diggin, man all those other guys would love to have such troubles....LOL

Thank you for the post and pics, great finds.

Title of post was perfect!

Jim

bleeohio

Apr 8, 2017
Nw ohio
Detector(s) used
This space for rent...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul. I laugh when I read post that say the Deus won't work as a coinshooter. I was hoping this was a " Deus sucks " thread, gotta keep the competition away...lol

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I agree. It's a non ferrous sucking monster. Also agree about the buttons. I can't believe how many buttons I and everyone else had left behind at a lot of sites. I sucks finding all that stuff !

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Program I used was put in by someone else. Running either 7.7 or 11 mhz. Depending on outside interference. No notch. It's coin #13. Reactivity I sometimes bump to 1 or 2. At the one park, it needs to be "2". Discrimination and iron are presets. I did not write the program, came with the machine. I only use relic and the coin #13, and have two programs for the red Virginia dirt. I use dry and wet sand as is for the beaches. Will not upgrade to 4.0 as I don't need to. Last week pulled a gorgeous 18th century hand made Dandy button from an iron patch, from an iron mine, no less! Thing is decorated with a cluster of grapes with little grapes running away from the bunch in a spiral and some gilt remains! The two Confederate use St. Timothy Hall buttons, out of a patch of aluminum wrappers (the little foil stuff plus some cans), along with a silver earring and a early 19th century flat button. Unreal beast of a machine.

Last edited:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny title and good story! I was like Say What!!!!
Good finds from that pounded site.
Yea, my Deus sucks as well. LOL
Thinking of giving it away to the first person who can guess the number I am thinking of.... it is between 5 and 7..... anybody? :dontknow:

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forty Eight???? I'll try to get a pic of the dandy button posted. It's gorgeous.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive gotta try another machine as my Deus is no longer finding much at most of my sites. Time to see what it missed. Im guessing, very little

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive gotta try another machine as my Deus is no longer finding much at most of my sites. Time to see what it missed. Im guessing, very little
There's you're reason to get a CTX 3030. They compliment each other well, always letting the other know what nice finds they make.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, but I doubt your 3030 or my Safari would have missed them, still not convinced the Deus is the cat's meow. I see lots of posts about Deus users finding lots of iron junk too which other machines also do. The light weight and wireless sounds really really nice, but I am skeptical as to whether it finds more than a good Minelab will. Of course my old BFO found everything since it had no discrimination, and I dug ALL signals, and don't any of you think they couldn't hit a coin or a colonial button at 8".

Geochem

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea, you show how terrible it is finding what others passed over. Tisk.

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, but I doubt your 3030 or my Safari would have missed them, still not convinced the Deus is the cat's meow. I see lots of posts about Deus users finding lots of iron junk too which other machines also do. The light weight and wireless sounds really really nice, but I am skeptical as to whether it finds more than a good Minelab will. Of course my old BFO found everything since it had no discrimination, and I dug ALL signals, and don't any of you think they couldn't hit a coin or a colonial button at 8".
We'll, two of my buddies hunted with me. One has a CTX the other an AT Pro. They didn't recover 1/3 of the targets I dug. Could it be I was just lucky enough to put the coil over it all, I doubt it.

Geochem

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

There are many good metal detecting machines. I love to see the "Todays Finds" and the nice treasures with detectors used.

The Deus is one of them. It finds a bit more than some under specific conditions. Some of it due to the versatility in matching program parameters with specific environmental conditions. The new 4.0 X-Y programs have added versatility to expand its capabilities.

I like my Fisher F2 too. Easy and finds the obvious. It's fun.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread