Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of it depends on the operator. I dug a quadzillion good items with my beloved Tesoro Cibola, which is not an expensive machine. Got both gold coins and the best gold and diamond ring with it. Haven't had the Deus long, but it's better in parks where there is a lot of trash than the Cibola. I'm not particularly interested in a Minelab, I don't think it would add much to my stable of machines. Their PI machines go way deep, but you'd waste a whole day in a 10' x 10' area in these parks. Good for less trashy beaches, gold etc. but not where I dig for the most part.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are many good metal detecting machines. I love to see the "Todays Finds" and the nice treasures with detectors used.

The Deus is one of them. It finds a bit more than some under specific conditions. Some of it due to the versatility in matching program parameters with specific environmental conditions. The new 4.0 X-Y programs have added versatility to expand its capabilities.

I like my Fisher F2 too. Easy and finds the obvious. It's fun.

I found plenty at my first good early site with a Tesoro Vaquero. Deepest machine for the money and many of the targets there were deep. Lightweight and all you probably need to pick off most of the good targets on a site. My Deus is like an extension of my right arm at this point so no going back

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks you just saved me a lot of money....just kidding.....The Dispute between 3030 and Deus is like comparing apples to oranges. Give it up. I have both and use both for different purposes.

strick

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for relics the deus eats the 30/30 alive, thats a fact . I dont park hunt so I will let you guys be the judge of that. I have hunted sites behind others and always seem to come away with some good keepers that were missed. BTW I had a ctx and put in the iron infested sites I hunt and it couldnt handle it like the deus. Will a good minelab pull relics like a deus? The answer to that question is no ,but for the beach and parks well you guys be the judge of that. As the guy above stated they are different tools for different jobs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread