The Dragon and Her Treasure

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
OK, so it's not much of a treasure, no rings, no silver, and no gold, but she's just a little dragon. I hit three playground areas today and found 3 quarters, 6 dimes, all clad, 8 nickels, one a 1958-D, (it's the shiny one on the right of the nickel pile), and 9 memorial pennies. The trinkets and the dragon were found under the swingsets. The trash is only a small portion of all the trash found. Most of the trash ended up in the trash can before returning home.

The last play area I hunted also had a volleyball net, a soccer area, and a batting cage. The cruddy dirty looking coins came from this area. I don't believe it had ever been hunted before. I didn't get to finish all of this area today, so I will be back.

Attachments

• trash.jpg
    trash.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 320
  • coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 330
Upvote 0

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, that clad adds up!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Way to go cleaning up the play area...I seldom bring any of the trash home with me...if they have trash cans at the park/playground I get rid of it. Next time you go there it will probably be cleaner. It worries me when I find broken glass and stuff that could hurt the little kids rolling around in the sand & chips. The other day a little guy took it upon himself to bring me whatever trash he could find...Here's some more treasure! LOL ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat-O dragon! Congrats on those finds!

:)

Top Member Reactions