The early CRH gets the silver. and, first 2013 silver is another first as well.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Competition seems to be heating up in this area. loose halves are getting harder to find and CWR are nearly nonexistent. CWR dimes have been producing lousy. Fortunately my boxes have been ok. Still, I need to step up my game.

Remember, depleting bank silver (teller trays and CWR, not boxes) in your area not only nets you more silver, it also discourages others from CRH. Think of all the people that have read the recent "5 magic words to say to your bank" and other CRH propaganda, do you really want that nonsense proven true on their first trip to the bank?

Banks around here close at 4. I used to get into work at 10am and leave around 6 or 7pm, leaving only lunch breaks to CRH. In 2013, which I plan on being an epic year for CRH, I am now getting here at 5am. This allows me to leave at 1pm, leaving three full hours of CRH.

First 2013 silver..... 40% silver 1971 eisenhower! first one yet. I've now found over $300 worth of eisen's and this is my first silver. My first 4 boxes of 2013 produced 8 40%s and 1 90%s.

Upvote 0

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
SilverForBrains said:
First 2013 silver..... 40% silver 1971 eisenhower! first one yet. I've now found over $300 worth of eisen's and this is my first silver. My first 4 boxes of 2013 produced 8 40%s and 1 90%s.

I'm still looking for a silver Ike, congrats!!! In Nov. I found a couple of Peace dollars amongst Ikes in a teller tray but I want a 40% Ike! You make me jealous. Lol

HH

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still looking for a silver Ike, congrats!!! In Nov. I found a couple of Peace dollars amongst Ikes in a teller tray but I want a 40% Ike! You make me jealous. Lol

HH

I'm jealous of your peace dollars!!!

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to find a 40% ike one day. I do forget to ask for large dollar coins a lot. I have not been doing this long enough to notice, but do some of you guys who have been CRH for years notice that it becomes more popular with the high unemployment rate? I would imagine it would. Maybe once more jobs become available its popularity will slow down a bit, and leave more for us! HH

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to find a 40% ike one day. I do forget to ask for large dollar coins a lot. I have not been doing this long enough to notice, but do some of you guys who have been CRH for years notice that it becomes more popular with the high unemployment rate? I would imagine it would. Maybe once more jobs become available its popularity will slow down a bit, and leave more for us! HH

good question, it's hard to say. I'm sure unemployment is linked to some degree. The price of silver I think is the biggest factor determining how many people do it, and secondly the amount of "mainstream" publications telling people about CRH

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the higher the unemployment, the better CRH-wise. More people will deposit their change jar to get that extra money, increasing silver totals potentially.

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2nd silver score of the year is another first! 2 peace dollars, 5 64s, 2 bens, and a 66 all from the same teller tray :occasion14: . Actually that's two firsts, first teller tray ben, and first peace dollar in general. this happened this monday, I'll try to post picks tonight. 2013 is looking' good!

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
SilverForBrains said:
2nd silver score of the year is another first! 2 peace dollars, 5 64s, 2 bens, and a 66 all from the same teller tray :occasion14: . Actually that's two firsts, first teller tray ben, and first peace dollar in general. this happened this monday, I'll try to post picks tonight. 2013 is looking' good!

Gotta love those Peace dollars. I found 2 in Nov. and I guess I'll never find another in the wild. But I keep asking. Did you get them mixed in with Ikes? Congrats!!

HH

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
SilverForBrains said:

That's the ultimate TT finds if you ask me! Good stuff!!!

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love those Peace dollars. I found 2 in Nov. and I guess I'll never find another in the wild. But I keep asking. Did you get them mixed in with Ikes? Congrats!!

HH

Yep, 2 ikes came with it, and the total amount of loose halves was $8.50. Not too much clad to sift through! They told me to come back the next day since a teller who would be in had $81 bucks in halves. I was pretty much salivating, and drove the 30 minutes back to the bank the next day. They were all dollar coins! Doh!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, 2 ikes came with it, and the total amount of loose halves was $8.50. Not too much clad to sift through! They told me to come back the next day since a teller who would be in had $81 bucks in halves. I was pretty much salivating, and drove the 30 minutes back to the bank the next day. They were all dollar coins! Doh!

I hate that, they allways say "ya, I have a bunch of those" and end up pulling out the small Dollar coins. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread