The East has come alive.....I.D. help please.

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
hello all...Its diggin weather and im ready.I went to the local common and found this circular button thingy with a raised star and 5 smaller triangles around the outside ring.I have no idea what it is im just hoping its civil war era or something to be excited about....please help identify if you can and thanks.

Attachments

• weird star.jpg
    weird star.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 620
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i cant remember what its called but what you have there is a decrative piece that was on a lot of western related stuff, saddles, gloves, chaps, etc. it would have raw hide srips woven through the slots. you see them a lot on kids western toys from the 50s. maybe someone else here will know what the name is.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
It's called a concho, I found one almost exactly like it about a week ago! Wierd..there has been alot of that going on lately...people finding things, that others are finding as well....
HH
Baggins

S

stefen

Saddle concho (rosette) usually found where the cantle joins the fender skirt of a saddle...early 20th century up to today.

OP
OP
scrapdoggie

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
Thanks all for your replys,i was just searching thru civil war uniforms ,gloves and boots.And i couldnt find it anywhere.Im glad you guys said its a concho or a 50's toy.now i should be able to locate it...thanks again...heres my other finds i forgot about them ...lol...and no silvers

Attachments

• stuff found 31208.jpg
    stuff found 31208.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 519

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find those conchos often here in Germany, mine date from around the mid 1800s to early 1900s. Made of brass. HH, Mike
2Feb08bridleparts.jpg

OP
OP
scrapdoggie

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
Bavaria Mike said:
I find those conchos often here in Germany, mine date from around the mid 1800s to early 1900s. Made of brass. HH, Mike
2Feb08bridleparts.jpg
those are very nice thanks for the posts,,,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread