shaun7 said:
Good idea IP :icon_thumleft:

Who's going to start?

How about with what started it on the other thread. ;D

Attachments

• ufc100_08_henderson_vs_bisping_003.jpg
    ufc100_08_henderson_vs_bisping_003.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 426
  • michael-bisping-obviously-didnt-see-this-one-coming-dan-hendersons-knockout-of-his-british-opp...jpg
    michael-bisping-obviously-didnt-see-this-one-coming-dan-hendersons-knockout-of-his-british-opp...jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 428

discovery_bound

Feb 4, 2008
South Dakota, B&R in Montana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
IP,
Henderson knocking out Bisping is the best lights out I've seen in a while on a couple different levels, and I watch a LOT of UFC. Anyone see the fights last night?

Disregard that last question as I found the 'finds thread' you were referring too.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
butterbean did a few

Attachments

• DSCN0449.jpg
    DSCN0449.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 385
  • DSCN0449.jpg
    DSCN0449.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 382

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Butterbean couldnt hang with todays fighters,just like Tank Abbott.They were powerhouses,but it takes a much more rounded fighter in Top UFC competition.
I have a cousin that just dropped out of College to fight(He was a top collegiate wrestler)and is training with Faber.He has to gain the striking skill,though. Many of the fighters are weak on one side or the other.
I.P how a bout Anderson Silva?

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a kick out of this one from the last Strike Force card.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's another Manhoef one. I bet many haven't seen it.... but it's great!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
discovery_bound said:
kuger said:
Butterbean couldnt hang with todays fighters,just like Tank Abbott.

Put those two in a ring during their prime.......straight brawl-fest.

Absolutely!!!

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
I find it rather perverse, or maybe just sad that people like to watch this kind of stuff. But, I guess if a couple of dopes are going to beat the hell out of each other there will always be someone who wants to watch it. To me, this stuff is barely one level above wrestling, and only because wrestling is fake :dontknow:....

discovery_bound

Feb 4, 2008
South Dakota, B&R in Montana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
GPURS said:
I find it rather perverse, or maybe just sad that people like to watch this kind of stuff. But, I guess if a couple of dopes are going to beat the hell out of each other there will always be someone who wants to watch it. To me, this stuff is barely one level above wrestling, and only because wrestling is fake :dontknow:....

I agree that so-called pro wrestling is a joke, but how can you consider a sanctioned professional fight perverse? Watching a couple of bums fight over a bottle of wine is perverse. There's much more to UFC than just a couple of people throwin' punches. You ask how people can watch this stuff....I say how can you NOT watch.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm....
I really don't understand this "sport."
Is it to inflict pain, injury and humiliation on another human being, who, is a second "willing participant?"
{scratches head}Must be some kind of he-man, macho, testosterone thing.... :dontknow: ???

Scott

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
it is a macho sport. only the tough survive. however, these are not street brawlers. these guys train just like boxers
and harder than boxers. they cross train in boxing, wrestling, martial arts. they are paid by contract, just like boxers
the UFC today is not like it was 10 years ago. back then this was nothing but brawls and any guy off the street could fight in the cage as long as they signed a waiver, not anymore, you have to have training.
everyone one that enters this sport is a willing participant, nobody forces them into it.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPURS said:

My only opinion after reading that is you don't understand it. They are among the best trained athletes in the world and when two guys can fight for 25 minutes and both are still standing, I think that has to say something about their skill level. It is definitely not a street fight, but I'd guess since you don't watch your only exposure is to something like this post showing a few fights, of thousands. Furthermore, had I posted a boxing link would you have the same reaction? I bet not, and many people such as yourself probably don't know this, but there's not much difference between the force of an MMA glove and a boxing glove. If you don't believe me try both and hit a heavy bag, the punches feel just as solid regardless of which one you use. There's actually more to complain about in Hockey than MMA as those guys aren't trained fighters; they're the street type fight goons throwing haymakers but yet the consensus keep it in the sport.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K said:
Hmmmm....
I really don't understand this "sport."
Is it to inflict pain, injury and humiliation on another human being, who, is a second "willing participant?"
{scratches head}Must be some kind of he-man, macho, testosterone thing.... :dontknow: ???

Scott

It's simple, it's a combination of many contact sports and has evolved greatly since the early days when there was next to nothing for rules, and almost all fighters were one dimensional. The early 90s is nothing remotely close to how the sport is today, and the proof of that is how many States are now opening their doors to it.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first question is if you dont like it why would you come to a thread titled such?Second just as the prvious subject it is something many DO NOT UNDERSTAND,so its wrong??I always want to know the facts of what I am judging and usually if it doesnt directly effect me....carry on,to each his own.
I have a rewpect for somebody that is not a "SHEEP".People are against guns,protecting yourself,etc,I just dont get it.Yet make one comment about Homosexuality and your a bad person :icon_scratch:Whats wrong with this picture :dontknow:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Dan Henderson put up a great battle against Niguero and almost won a decision. Niguero kept getting those arm bars in and Dan kept getting out of
them until the last round. Dan's a tough dude but that Niguero is like a standing boulder. I expect him to teach that new guy (forget his name) the
same lesson Dan learned.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPURS said:
At this point i must ask have you ever competed in an individual sport ? I have been in Judo for years and i must tell you its very intence. (spell) 3rd beer. ;D Nothing and i mean nothing will teach you about life when you are defending yourself from harm . Im 3rd generation of martial arts but on my 4th beer i caint explain my point. :( maybe later :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions