Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gossamer said:
THANK YOU THOM, I thought I might pass on this one, LOL. I appreciate your acknowledgement. (I think).
I will be enjoying laundry for the day... tehe
Hope all is well in this treasure world.
Janiece :tongue3:

Happy Birthday Gossamer - I'll be celebrating (or trying to forget rather) mine on the 27th of this month. The days, months and years are moving by so fast lately that I have a hard time even remembering which one this is - and truth be told, I don't really want to know!

OP
OP
T

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
happy brithday gal .. dont take any of this sites BS presonal .. we sharpen our knifes a lot but seldom use them ,....lol

you be at the gathering this year you wont be disapionted ...if i am right or wrong wont matter ...after the site is made public ...

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
Thank you, you've put a happy smile on my face :hello: and if my 2 yr old nephew has anything to do with my cake... I will be wearing some too. He was priceless on the call this morning... its the first time I've actually understood what he said... brother musta' been working with him all morning.
:occasion16:
Janiece

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
happy-birthday-3.gif

Joe

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
LOL you guys are too much... I appreciate it. Thank you!!
My home made chocolate cake came... and a little fist full was missing... but I think its tastes better that way! He even splained' how they helped make the cake, in detail, in 2 yr old speak... and lots of pointing.. not really to the cake, but in the cake. What a show.
Janiece

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
BB wrote.... happy brithday gal .. dont take any of this sites BS presonal .. we sharpen our knifes a lot but seldom use them ,....lol
you be at the gathering this year you wont be disapionted ...if i am right or wrong wont matter ...after the site is made public ...

ok, who is this person and what have you done with our BB? :icon_scratch:
Janiece tehe :tongue3:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Gossamer! I hope you are having a great day!

Gossamer wrote: (replying to Blindbowman)

<Blindbowman wrote> BB wrote.... happy brithday gal .. dont take any of this sites BS presonal .. we sharpen our knifes a lot but seldom use them ,....lol <snip>

ok, who is this person and what have you done with our BB?
Janiece tehe

I would say that you are just seeing the REAL Blindbowman - actually a pretty nice guy - just takes a while to get to know him!

Sometimes we get so caught up in arguments and discussion that we forget that those nicknames we are talking to, are real people that we happen to have a great deal in common with. I have found that the vast majority of Treasurenet members are pretty nice people, but don't let anyone know I said that! :o ;D :D :wink:

Blindbowman your brother had a close call - and am glad that he is doing something about his heart. I trust that you will keep after him to be sure that he does take care of himself.

Blindbowman wrote:
if i am right or wrong wont matter ...after the site is made public ...

So you definitely are going to make it public? Have you been in touch with the Dillmans, perhaps the sites can be tied up in a documentary form? Just curious of course, and I look forward to reading/seeing more when you do make it public.

Good luck and good hunting to you all, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
your friend,
Oroblanco

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
BB wrote:i will Pm you the answer to tat ...lol

you're going to PM me the answer? ::jumping up and down::: (really good b-day present!!!!)
I wanna know the answer to tat... too!!
as I write this I'm getting the feeling... ::::stopping jumping up and down:::: (getting a headache)
that I'm not gonna get to know 'tat' (serious pouting now)
Janiece (sob)

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
Thanks to the ethno-historical sources (Chimalpahin, Clavijero, Durán, etc.), we know that in the year 1064, eight Aztecan tribes (Nahuatlaca) migrated from Aztlán
BB that is the date of the super nova, 23 (?) days of no night. You rock! (when you're not being onery)
Janiece

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Gossamer,

"23 (?) days of no night"

I believe you have misstated the facts here. Other than that......nice catch.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
"23 (?) days of no night"
I believe you have misstated the facts here. Other than that......nice catch.
Take care,
Joe Ribaudo

Joe, what did I misstate?
sorry
Janiece

whitt459

Feb 20, 2006
joe ! why do you always have to pick a fight with other members of this forum ? i have been watching this forum for about 4 years and i like it very much , im not much of a poster but i find lots of knowledge here , it would be a lot more better if you would leave other people alone . thank you verv much . whitt459 may godbless

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Whitt,

"joe ! why do you always have to pick a fight with other members of this forum"

I don't "always". For instance, I have never picked a fight with you. As this is your first post to me, I assume,
one wonders why it needs to be so confrontational. Drawing someones attention to a (perceived) misstatement of historical facts seems like something less than fighting words. When someone tells me I have made such a mistake, I thank them or provide a source for my statement. If Gossamer has a problem with my post, I believe she can handle it herself.

Thanks for your input. I will try to do better in the future. Thank you for the blessing, I need all I can get.

Joe Ribaudo

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Gossamer,

I believe the Crab Nebula was visible during daylight hours for the 23 days. Nights were (full moon bright) normal, but the Supernova was visable (about 4 times brighter than Venus) for over 600 nights, as I understand it.

I could be wrong so don't take my word for it.

Take care,

Joe

OP
OP
T

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
cactusjumper said:
Gossamer,

I believe the Crab Nebula was visible during daylight hours for the 23 days. Nights were (full moon bright) normal, but the Supernova was visable (about 4 times brighter than Venus) for over 600 nights, as I understand it.

I could be wrong so don't take my word for it.

Take care,

Joe

no ,in fact ,your right on the money ..

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
Joe and BB... the way I read it, we are both right.
It was as bright as the full moon for 23 days and nights, and was visible during the daytime. Consider the world at the time of 1054-64, the Sun and Moon were worshiped, and then comes this "guest' star and lights up the night (and day). So according to ancient sources... there was no night time, because they had this blazing star going super nova and it created a lot of fear all over the world.
The Crusadors ramped up... Chaco Canyon got its start, in other words... it was 23 lit up nights with no understanding of what was happening. So you have a 12 mag star the moon and venus all lighting up the night. So maybe it wasn't a 'no night' event, just 23 nights of spectacular light show

Some older sources had speculated that this supernova might have been as bright as the Full Moon (or mag -12). The reason for this assumption was probably the intention to fit its 23-day visibility with older model lightcurves
http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/Messier/more/m001_sn.html

BB, who is right? In your opinion. no ,in fact ,your right on the money ..

Whitt,
"joe ! why do you always have to pick a fight with other members of this forum"He doesn't pick fights... but he will call you on your %&#$, its ok... thank you
Thank you
Janiece

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread