The Farm Still Giveth - ***BUTTON UPDATE*** 1803-1815 !!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to my favorite lunch spot today, the farm I've hunted at for a year now. Since there was a hunters truck parked by the woods, I decided to just stay around the house and rework a grass area where I've found quite a few bullets and buttons before. There was a light mist and the sandy soil was wet. I got a few deep signals and recovered two pretty nice relics.

*My 1st cleaner bullet from this farm. Ya-hooo!
Can anyone ID it?

*An 18mm flat button with back mark "Imperial -Orange Gilt" on it. The unusual thing about this one is it looks like someones initials (?) possibly on the back too. It has the letters "J.H." , but they are upside-down compared to the back mark.
Does anyone know the approx. date of this button?

Nothing fantastic, but not bad for a lunch break. I'm glad there are still goodies to be found OUTSIDE of the woods. ;)
Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 818
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 816
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 814
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 812
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 804
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: The Farm Still Giveth

The bullet is a Williams Type III cleaner. Nice work!

-Buckleboy

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice relics MM. Not bad for a lunchtime quickie. I have a button with a similar backmark and if memory serves me correctly, someone ID'ed it as early 1800's. Congrats.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BuckleBoy said:

-Buckleboy

Thanks BB.
Now I can label it and file it. I found this one right by a huge oak where I found my very first 3-ringer on the farm. I think the wet soil is bringing out some deep signals I missed before?
-MM-

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

MM,
Is the yard kinda of trashy??If so take a small coil and go back over it.I have really been getting some good finds rehunting with my ex2 and the 5" coil in some of my trashy sites.
Great finds..

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Couple more for the case MM...Congrat's on your luch hunt.Here's a pic of a fired one.....Ouch!!! HH!!

Attachments

• PB260001.JPG
    PB260001.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 746

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Yo, MM, that site is still giving for you, man! There is another cut piece or coppa right around the metal detecting corner.

Bone Dry Detecting...KylePA

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Modern Miner, good job..........

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

zoyboy said:
Yo, MM, that site is still giving for you, man! There is another cut piece or coppa right around the metal detecting corner.

Thanks Kyle. I hope so.
Just when I started venturing out into the woods (160+ acres) and uncovering stuff (1923 Merc, cannonball hunk, CW bullets, etc.) I found out the woods is leased to a hunting club! That really clipped my wings. :'( I will get back out there, but not during deer season anyways. I recently read a story of a guy shooting a 1500 lb. cow, and said he thought it was a coyote!
After reading that, I guess me in an orange vest carrying a metal detector could possibly be a deer to some Bozo. ;)
Congrats on your last hunt with Paco.
-MM-

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ModernMiner said:
BuckleBoy said:

-Buckleboy

Thanks BB.
Now I can label it and file it. I found this one right by a huge oak where I found my very first 3-ringer on the farm. I think the wet soil is bringing out some deep signals I missed before?
-MM-

Indeed, wet soil will help your detector's depth. When you've worked it out pretty well, it's always worth at least one more return trip after the ground is wet.

Congrats again,

Buckleboy

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

teverly said:
MM,
Is the yard kinda of trashy??If so take a small coil and go back over it.I have really been getting some good finds rehunting with my ex2 and the 5" coil in some of my trashy sites.
Great finds..

Tev,
No trash in this yard at all. Only rusted square nails and a few plow tips where I found these pieces. I think I've only found maybe one or two pull tabs in the last year at this farm and those were on a back hill where they used to dump trash.
What kills me is I've dug over 50 old 1800's buttons at this farm the last year, and just can't seem to find many old coins.
My 23' Merc, and my 1874 IH were my best at this farm so far.
-MM-

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

More nice finds MM
I like to see buttons With a readable back like that one.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Merf said:
More nice finds MM
I like to see buttons With a readable back like that one.

Thanks Merf.
I'm still trying to figure out the age of this one. I tried finding it in my button books, but can't yet.
I scored two nice back mark buttons this week. Now where are those darn coins? ;)
-MM-

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ModernMiner said:
zoyboy said:

Thanks Kyle. I hope so.
Just when I started venturing out into the woods (160+ acres) and uncovering stuff (1923 Merc, cannonball hunk, CW bullets, etc.) I found out the woods is leased to a hunting club! That really clipped my wings. :'( I will get back out there, but not during deer season anyways. I recently read a story of a guy shooting a 1500 lb. cow, and said he thought it was a coyote!
After reading that, I guess me in an orange vest carrying a metal detector could possibly be a deer to some Bozo. ;)
-MM-
LMAO MM. I read that story too. It was in the NY post in the weird but true column. The hilarious thing was that he still maintained that he thought it was a coyote even after he was caught trying to drag it away. ;D :D He was obviously lying about thinking it was a coyote but I guess if you have morons like that out there its safer just to hunt the open areas during hunting season. Good luck next time you hit that woods area. I would wear your orange vest even if it isn't hunting season.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Evolution said:
ModernMiner said:
zoyboy said:

Thanks Kyle. I hope so.
-MM-
LMAO MM. I read that story too. It was in the NY post in the weird but true column. The hilarious thing was that he still maintained that he thought it was a coyote even after he was caught trying to drag it away. ;D :D He was obviously lying about thinking it was a coyote but I guess if you have morons like that out there its safer just to hunt the open areas during hunting season. Good luck next time you hit that woods area. I would wear your orange vest even if it isn't hunting season.

Ev,
Maybe he tried dragging the cow home to give it mouth to mouth? ;D
You can bet I'll be wearing that orange vest next time out in the woods. There is so much uncharted territory at this farm, and I was hoping to detect the woods now that the bugs, snakes, and heat have finally gone. I'm not giving up.
Maybe I'll tote a loud boom box out there with me when I hunt so they know I'm not a deer. ;D
I could play "Grandma got run over by a reindeer". ;)
-MM-

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

way to go moderminer ! nice finds ;) the orange vest is a great idea and if your wearing brown carharts its a must ! just keep the backside low to the ground when your digging ;D

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Williams Cleaner III

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dave-enc said:
wtg on finds MM look at the bright side there is only 35 more days until deer season is over
hh
dave+bobbie

Thanks Dave.
I can't wait! ;)
-MM-

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice relics MM! An old button like that is on my wish list.

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread