May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the rest of the week off, Monday at work was enough for this week. I have a field to do ;D
The farmer was still ploughing the 2nd Fav Field today but finished it as I left. Before he left I asked him why every 5 paces the plough had gone deeper & had brought up some coloured clay, but only on the first half of the field. He said that one of the blades had broken & was going deeper than normal but he fixed it last night. Bad for him, good for me. I've left these clumpy bits for later when its rolled. ie. I did the flatter bits inbetween.

I did a bit over 5 hours on my own.

4 Lead Tokens
17th C Token
6 Roman Bronze Coins
WWI Capbadge
An ancient? bronze needle (with eye missing)
Nice Cufflink piece

Henry II Telby circa 1180s cut halfpenny
Charles I circa 1640s Penny (possible touch piece)

So another good day in the office :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 493
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 486
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 481
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 478
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 471
Upvote 0
Nice touch piece :o

Them fields calling me to ::) I out tomorrow :headbang: hope I have a good day like you :thumbsup:

SS

Silver Searcher said:

Them fields calling me to ::) I out tomorrow :headbang: hope I have a good day like you :thumbsup:

SS

Cheers mate, it nearly wasn't to be. I had gridded for over 4 hours with no hammered, I began to do a Dad & think of elsewhere. I stuck with it & on the 3 to last run & got both the hammered & the next run the cufflink.

However, I will start from the edge he has just ploughed tomorrow & grid to the middle where I left off. I think it may produce more :dontknow:

I'm really hoping for a nice shortcross (Woody had one from this field) this week.

CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

Cheers mate, it nearly wasn't to be. I had gridded for over 4 hours with no hammered, I began to do a Dad & think of elsewhere. I stuck with it & on the 3 to last run & got both the hammered & the next run the cufflink.

However, I will start from the edge he has just ploughed tomorrow & grid to the middle where I left off. I think it may produce more :dontknow:

I'm really hoping for a nice shortcross (Woody had one from this field) this week.
yea....you will get more there I am sure :laughing7: I will eat my cap if you don't...and your's :D

SS

I'm not sure what one it is.But I will say this you kill me with the stuff you and SS come up with over there.Man great day of putting the coil to the soil again. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Timekiller! :thumbsup:

Silver Searcher said:

SS

I'm out tomorrow too!! ;D If it's not p*ssing down!

Cru, how did you i'd that cut half :o

Good stuff :icon_thumleft:

shaun7 said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

it looks like you can see some of the chain mail, of Henrys mail suit :P

SS

Great finds, Cru! Did that cufflink piece give your heart a jumpstart when you saw the gold gilding?

:icon_sunny:

Hi Crusader, amazing finds as always. Especially the pottery sherd :wink: (Westerwald stoneware)

shaun7 said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS

By elimination. Its a Short Cross (unvoided) with crosslets in each qrter which narrows it down to Henry II or a few of the Scottish Kings. The weak strike & poorly cut/shaped coin pins it to the 'Telby' type of Henry II (this was done at the time & differs from clipping which would look different on the Scottish coins).

BuckleBoy said:
Great finds, Cru! Did that cufflink piece give your heart a jumpstart when you saw the gold gilding?

:icon_sunny:

Yeap I thought Gold ;D Still a nice piece to the growing cufflink collection.

A good day crusader! I love objects that are in U.K. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back