The game starts changing now

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mother nature is starting to stir, those northeasters starting to become more evident as we tip-toe into November and December. For those who can, and for those who are still willing to swing their thing on the beach despite the change in seasons then there is, perhaps, no better time to be on the beach. From now through about April/May, depending on the arrival of those warmer southerly winds, the beach will experience a great deal of change, more in some places then in others. All summer long the sand has continued to pile up one heap after the other but now mother nature is slowing gearing up to reclaim a great deal of it. In the months ahead she's going frequently strip the sand from the beach, those deep targets below often becoming exposed, and at least for a short period of time, left unprotected and well within range of your machine. If the fury of the sea gets angry enough some targets will even get cast onto the beach from their underwater haunts. It's usually chilly hunting and sometimes it's down right cold, sometimes even bitter cold, but for many who choose to endure these discomforts it will be worth it, their pockets and pouches often bringing treasure home. It's seldom easy hunting and it's seldom all that much fun, tis the season for the hardiest of the lot and you can bet they're preparing for it, if they're not already prepared, which is far more likely. Now it's just a matter of time, the waiting game, as Mother nature is finally on the move again. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Xs 2a pro, Excalibur ll, Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will definitely be exfoliated on the lower half today. May have to toss on the full wet suit before my toothpick like legs disintegrate

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its only junk ...but this sure looked good for a second in my scoop.

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20131113_130915.png

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I am glad for the wet suit, stayed warm and dry also keeping the skin on my legs. Little over 1.40$ in clad, 3rd knife this week, bunch of lead, and 2nd .50cal shell. Weird how the sequence of finds range from day to day week to week etc, seems like I have runs rings one week, pull tabs the next etc image-917051889.jpg

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to figure why you have all the junk in bins.. mine never makes it past the first garbage pail I see.

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, I take it all home toss it into a 5 gal pail and dump when the trash comes. No specific reason why, just goes in the pouch and gets sorted at home

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh.. hehe.

If you remember me posting this a couple days ago... you might get a kick out of this photo I just took while cleaning.
Looks like a possible cob 3fer.

IMG_20131113_145134-1.jpg

Looks like a cross to me.

ForumRunner_20131113_174302.png

ForumRunner_20131113_174451.png

hubcap76

Jun 27, 2013
Treasure Coast, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Gator, keep is posted. The casing from today was an M 43. Right on point with your information other day.

Be safe out there Tupperware

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to get sand blasted in your eyes.
Take a careful look where you will be detecting, then just walk backwards while sweeping your coil.
You will occasionally have to look over your shoulder to make sure the area before you is still clear.

Yep, I know what you mean Scoop. I usually wait for everything to settle back down a little after a good hard NE blow before getting on the beach. But I really wanted to take my Excal out on our first date today, so we got good and sandblasted together. I had to stop in at a convenient store and wash the grit out of my eyes so that I could see how to drive home....My RayBans just couldn't keep all of the dirt and salt out, besides I can't even find my googles anymore, I was just looking for them last weekend!!! LOL...OH Well..???

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to get sand blasted in your eyes.
Take a careful look where you will be detecting, then just walk backwards while sweeping your coil.
You will occasionally have to look over your shoulder to make sure the area before you is still clear.

I wouldn't advise that if you're working the wet sand... I've dodged many logs, pallets and other debris that was hard enough to get away from looking forward.

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds GatorBoy.

Wind- if not sunglass weather.Clear saftey glasses w side panels $1 at Harbor F. Even if the sand isn't flying it saves you from the dry eye.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well..this is interesting.
I'm slowly working on the smallest E.O. (encrusted object)

IMG_20131114_214401-1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread