THE GANGSTER LOOT ?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING GANGSTER CACHES. THERE SEAMS THAT THERE IS A LOT OF UNRECOVERED LOOT LAYING AROUND AND YOU KNOW IT ISN'T SITTING IN SOME BANK! DUTCH SHULTZ BURRIED HIS IN NY JUST ABOVE PA. I HAVE FOUND 3 SUSPECTED LOCATIONS FOR THIS CACHE. DILLENGER BURIED AT LEAST 3 CACHES AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS. I HAVE NARROWED DOWN TWO LOCATIONS. ONE IS ON HIS FATHERS FARM. ANYONE ELSE LOOKED INTO THIS OR LIVE CLOSE TO ANY OF THE SUSTECTER LOCATIONS? IT WOULD MAKE AN INTERESTING HUNT.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Millions buried in spendable cash and no one is interested? I guess I have it made this spring That is unless you guys already found it.

K

Kentucky Kache

I have no doubt there is gangster loot hidden away. Maybe a more specific lead would generate more response. Also, maybe post some clues.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with "ganster loot" is that the gansters are still there!

The second problem is that most of it is in the form of cash, in PVC pipes. Detectors wont find it.

I knew of one such cash. I was told of it by a 3rd party who knew of it. I had enough info to track down the missing pieces and go find it (it wasn't too cleverly hidden). But I'm not about to have people coming after me and my family for stealing thier stolen cash.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I think there are some misconceptions here.
--PVC pipe didn't exist in the '30s
--Dutch Schultz is long dead, so is Dillenger
--Dutch Schultz cache is buried in a iron chest 3'x2'x18". Dillenger just buried his in suitcases.
to get an idea of the Schultz story Search Dutch Schultz you will get the whole story complete with his dying words. Don't you guys do any research?
I have maps of both cachs locations. No I won't post them, would you?

K

Kentucky Kache

Frankn said:
--Dutch Schultz cache is buried in a iron chest 3'x2'x18". Dillenger just buried his in suitcases.
to get an idea of the Schultz story Search Dutch Schultz you will get the whole story complete with his dying words. Don't you guys do any research?

Personally, I'm familiar with those stories, and yes, I have been researching caches for a long time. I was just suggesting how you might get others interested in talking about them. Do as you wish.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:

You said ganster, you didnt specify a time frame. There are still plenty gansters around today, both the old school type and the drug runner type and the bookie type.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Jason, reread the orginal post at the top. I actually named these guys. They lived in the thirties.

Kentuckey, I am glad to hear from another researcher. Have you looked into Dillinger? The little Bohemian lodge cache seams like it would be the easiest to locate. I think it is located near Mercer Wiconsin. Do you know if the lodge is still there?

Anybody out there from Wisconsin?

Let's see if we can get some info. spread around.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lodge is still there, and his supposed treasure there has been searched for hundreds of times so far. The grounds have been detected and the lake has been dove, detected, drug, sonored.... If its there, it's hidden pretty darn well.

K

Kentucky Kache

Frankn said:
Kentuckey, I am glad to hear from another researcher. Have you looked into Dillinger? The little Bohemian lodge cache seams like it would be the easiest to locate. I think it is located near Mercer Wiconsin. Do you know if the lodge is still there?

I haven't done any research on Dillinger, but I'm somewhat familiar with the story.

zerojinx

Dec 6, 2010
Republic of Texas
Detector(s) used
working on that
Jason in Enid said:
The lodge is still there, and his supposed treasure there has been searched for hundreds of times so far. The grounds have been detected and the lake has been dove, detected, drug, sonored.... If its there, it's hidden pretty darn well.

What do ya wanna bet that the lodge owners found shortly thereafter and kept it. They probably then kept the rumor goin to promote tourism.......stay at the lodge, find some loot.

I'm not saying don't look for it. I'm just throwing out a possibility. After the G-Men left, as the lodge owners, I would have been tearing those rooms and area up looking for loot that this gang may have stashed.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I would venture a guess that most people looked close to the logde or near the lake and thus did not find it.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Hoosier. Millions of people play the lottery and loose, but someone wins.
You have to play to win at anything. No one has won the lottery that didn't play. And if you stand back and say it can't be found, You will not find it.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I have done a little more research on Dillinger. One cach has been found at the lodge quite a while back. It was $20k. No one has found the $200k cache.

While doing the research I noted that quite a bit of money has been hidden in buildings in NY City.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There are some fantastic tales about this stuff here in Chicago... On the Southeast Side, you'll still encounter old-timers whose parents did business with Capone, etc. He had a house in Burnham with a secret compartment leading to a tunnel that ran from the house under the road and exited out on the Burnham Woods Golf Course. I guess they closed that tunnel off relatively recently and I don't know if they did anything meaningful with it in terms of searching it for artifacts.

Burnham Woods was where all the gangsters played and was reputed to be the hiding place for the uniforms and some of the guns used in the St. Valentines Day Massacre. They had that area totally under their thumb back in those days and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if stuff was stashed out there, considering that much of the surrounding area was still pretty remote back then... but as is standard, no chance you get to go out there with a MD and start digging.

BobInFla

Oct 7, 2010
Leesburg, FL
Detector(s) used
1970's model Garrett Master Hunter, AT Pro
I would have hated to have been the guys that built that house and dug that tunnel if it really existed.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
THERE ARE TUNNELS EVERYWHERE. There is a TV show about it. In Balto. MD. they have found tunnels that led to wine "cellars".
Look at it this way, power lines that are buried and water pipes are only 2' down in this area so the only thing you have to watch out for is the sewer mains. In downtown Baltimore there are tunnels that run across the street from one large building to another that are really old. I have been thru a couple back in the '60s.

Call me a Plumber

Dec 17, 2007
Hey Frankn, Why are you not out digging up the Dutch Schultz box its next to a creek opposite a cemetery, dude get'r done son. The Plumber. Technology gives us the tools you just gotta use em.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
plumber, I would love to be up there right now but there is probably 2' of snow on the ground up there and it is a long drive. The search is going to take a week and it is cold up there in the mts. I am going up there in the spring. I have done some more research and found out that the $7M figure is just the cash. The total is closer to $11M. I have not seen a cemetery on my map, but there is a campground that I will use as a base camp. Have you looked for it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread