The Good, Bad, and Ugly (RINGS)

Cajunman

Greenie
Jul 23, 2007
South Louisiana
Hello Kent here. I joined last night and been reading posts and looking at pic's. Its amazing what comes out the ground. No this is not todays finds but my finds from 2 and 1/2 months of MDing. Thought I'd catch up in one post. Hope the pic's don't come out as big as the moon. LOL I have a Kiddiegem ring I was trying to date. Someone said to look for a u possibly with a line through it but there is no u. Does anyone know how esle I could date it. I know its not of value and damaged but would like to know about how old it is. This was from 2 school yards. Anyway hello and Happy hunting.
P.S. Super sight!!!

Attachments

• diamondring1.jpg
    diamondring1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,032
  • diamondside.jpg
    diamondside.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,102
  • kiddie gem.jpg
    kiddie gem.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,163
  • trash rings.jpg
    trash rings.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,057
  • silverband.jpg
    silverband.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,014
Upvote 0

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Re: The Good, Bad, and Ugly

Cajunman said:
hollowpointred said:
nice finds! i almost bought one of those coin rings from a guy on ebay. i still might some day. i think they are really cool looking, yours is a beauty!
Thats where I got it Hollowpointed. I asked him if he would tell me how he made them and he would not.(I don't blame him) Maybe if I send him the ones I ruined he'll fell sorry for me and tell me. LOL

We made coin rings back in the 60's by tapping the edge of a silver coin with a spoon. This link has instruction on how to make a fast one:
http://homepage.mac.com/johnhuber/CoinRing/PhotoAlbum20.html

OP
OP
Cajunman

Cajunman

Greenie
Jul 23, 2007
South Louisiana

Ant said:
Cajunman said:
hollowpointred said:
nice finds! i almost bought one of those coin rings from a guy on ebay. i still might some day. i think they are really cool looking, yours is a beauty!
Thats where I got it Hollowpointed. I asked him if he would tell me how he made them and he would not.(I don't blame him) Maybe if I send him the ones I ruined he'll fell sorry for me and tell me. LOL

We made coin rings back in the 60's by tapping the edge of a silver coin with a spoon. This link has instruction on how to make a fast one:

You da man Ant. Thanks for the sight. You don't sleep either huu. LOL

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

Cajunman said:
Ant said:
Cajunman said:
hollowpointred said:

You da man Ant. Thanks for the sight. You don't sleep either huu. LOL

Man, does my wife get made when I get up and start this, heck lol.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Cajunman said:
I have a Kiddiegem ring I was trying to date. Someone said to look for a u possibly with a line through it but there is no u. Does anyone know how else I could date it. I know its not of value and damaged but would like to know about how old it is.
I found one myself MDing at the school I actually went to many years ago. they are made by Kiddiegem. I found this ad for sale on Ebay for them. The U with the arrow through it mark is for Uncas. They make costume jewelry. PS, if you do a search for Kiddiegem on Ebay you will find some old ads for it. It was 1960's silver jewelry for kids.

Attachments

• Kiddiegem.jpg
    Kiddiegem.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 414
OP
OP
Cajunman

Cajunman

Greenie
Jul 23, 2007
South Louisiana
awhitster said:
[. I found this ad for sale on Ebay for them. The U with the arrow through it mark is for Uncas. They make costume jewelry. PS, if you do a search for Kiddiegem on Ebay you will find some old ads for it. It was 1960's silver jewelry for kids.

Thanks awhitster and everyone else for your help and comments. Super sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Cajunman

Cajunman

Greenie
Jul 23, 2007
South Louisiana

River Rat said:
MissyW72 said:
DAMN I think I need to move to Louisiana!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Me too! Wait, I'm already in South Louisiana, but Kent seems to be in the right area...further south, I sure have not found anything like his finds.

Kent, these are awesome. Congrats!

Maa Come on Down!! Plenty room as long as the water don't come up. LOL

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello, & welcome to the forum...
Great group of finds, Congrats!!!!
I like that Kiddiegem rind. It definitely looks old...
Sorry, not a clue as to the age of it though...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions